Its finally started!

Nazban

Reaction score
Hey all, long time i've not been on the O-F!! :)

Main reason is that I've been busy with all school work, ever since last year February, and after shifting schools and having exams after exams, its been a tough last year.
Main reason for this blog is that I wanted to share something. For the past 4 months I was working on introducing a VSA to my school. I figured that the main problem I faced and saw with plenty of VSA's here was the time differences and clashing of ideas.
Originally this was only supposed to be linked to the Arizona State University's Mars Student Imaging Project( http://marsed.mars.asu.edu/msip-home), but I thought about linking also Orbiter into it.
So for the past few months I have been planning all this. The main obstacle is teaching all people who were interested in space but had no clue about spaceflight (but thats one of the reasons I wanted to do this :p ). We decided to name this VSA the DIA Space Administration (DIA being the abbreviation of the name of my school, and many student groups use it in their names). Im glad to say that on the 13th of February, 2012 we have officially begun (my first orientation just ended few hours ago!).
Right now the plan is to alternate between spaceflight(orbiter) and Martian Research(see link earlier). Also, right now there is a Space Station under plan, but I dont see it coming for a couple of months, due to the fact that I will have to train most of the orbinauts first!

Also this is not like a VSA as most of the poeple here on the community are used to, it has a very basic background story, its not so much of a Space Agency yet, not until we can get most of the people trained in it, and its not only Orbiter that's being used but also the MSIP(mars research, above link).
I hope that this works out well, I've spent quite some effort into this, and I will continue to do so, only problem im seeing is what will happen once I leave my school!!
Any criticism is welcome, im open to many suggestions that experienced people in this field have, thanks for reading!! :thumbup:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice! It looks like interesting... And good luck with your VSA!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think your plan may indeed work out better than most VSAs. Indeed, my own personal VSA has to be shelved often due to real life, because it's only me...

You have managed to spark interest in a larger group setting. This has the added benefit of growing an interest in spaceflight (and Orbiter) that may stick with your group for years (hopefully a lifetime?). Kudos to you! I wish you guys all the best! :thumbup:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe something like the Chapman challenges again would be good...

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Oh, I envy you! Who among us has the opportunity to teach Orbiter to a bunch of interested people; makes me wish Orbiter was around when I was in school.

I echo what PhantomCruiser said above. The best of luck to you in this. And please keep us updated!:thumbup:

Nazban

Reaction score
thanks Felip, phantom & Aeadar!
I will keep posting updates as we do each session weekly, sad part is I only get 1 hour in a week, so not much to do, but The people seem interested.
haha and Aeadar, It took a long time to get the idea out and make the teachers believe me, they all thought I was joking about it!!