Problem Key mapping file for Orbiter 2006?

MetalMania

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Orbiter 2006 installed on an older laptop and have found a bizarre problem that I've never had before. The ctrl+alt+arrow key combination to move positions in a virtual cockpit (tried with stock DG and AMSO VCs) isn't working. I've had previous installs of Orbiter 2006 on this same laptop and it worked before. I know I could try reinstalling again but I just finished and was hoping maybe there was a keymapping file somewhere that I could fix it in. I took a quick look around the file folders but didn't see anything.

Anyone have this happen before and know how to fix it, or am I stuck reinstalling again?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
The keymapping file is called keymap.cfg and it's located in the Orbiter's root folder.

But check if there isn't any program intercepting CTRL+ALT combination.

MetalMania

Reaction score
Geez - don't know how I missed that one, right in the root folder too. Well, the key combinations are in there and the alt+arrows works to rotate the view is working but still not the ctrl+alt+arrow for the position changes.

How would I check to see if another program is intercepting the ctrl+alt?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
How would I check to see if another program is intercepting the ctrl+alt?
If you have ATI or NVidia graphics card you can check in graphics driver settings. Other programs that could intercept them may be located in the task bar. You can also check keyboard settings in Windows Control Panel if this combination isn't used for anything, like for switching between keyboard layouts, etc.

MetalMania

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything in the graphics driver settings or the keyboad configuration. There were no keyboard combinations listed anywhere. I guess I'll try reinstalling. Weird though that everything else seems OK.