General Question Live Streaming

RAF Blackace

Reaction score
Hi.

I would love to fly one of the Apollo missions in real time and live stream it for my friends who may assist as ground control, but I have no idea how to live stream?

Can anyone tell me if it is even possible to live stream an Orbiter mission for that long?

If not, is it possible to live stream selected sections of it, and if so, how do I do it.

Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
To all: Don't do regular, commented broadcasts if you are hailing from Germany. Because of an obsolete law, you are likely required to get a broadcasting license for a TV or radio station. If you are not doing this and get popular enough to get the attention of the Landesmedienanstalten (media agencies of the states), this will get really expensive.

This has sofar only hit one channel on Twitch there last week, because of their popularity, but others will follow according to the state governments.

necessary to get billed is just:
- have scheduled broadcasts
- comment the broadcasts (Have an editorial team)
- be technically able to be reach an audience of 500.

The bigger Youtube producers here have already done acquired such a license, they can afford this easily.

And yes, it is no April Fools joke:

http://www.die-medienanstalten.de/f...sgrundlagen/Richtlinien/Checkliste_Web-TV.pdf

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
To all: Don't do regular, commented broadcasts if you are hailing from Germany.

Interesting. What does "hailing from Germany" mean exactly in this context? Sitting in Germany while broadcasting or broadcasting via a Germany based server?

Let's say you are sitting in Germany while "live" producing the content, but send it to a server somewhere else in the EU. Are you then subject to this law?
What about the other way around, i.e. sitting somewhere else in the EU while sending to a streaming server in Germany?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Interesting. What does "hailing from Germany" mean exactly in this context? Sitting in Germany while broadcasting or broadcasting via a Germany based server?

The former. Using a German server does not apply to you as legal person. I did also not believe it first, when I read it Friday while I waited on a rest area at the A1 for the A2 to be opened again after a small crash.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The former. Using a German server does not apply to you as legal person. I did also not believe it first, when I read it Friday while I waited on a rest area at the A1 for the A2 to be opened again after a small crash.

:facepalm: I just read up on it and it looks like the Landesmedienanstalten try to use this as a way to establish themselves as Minitrue.

Anyway, I guess Blackace is lucky to be a british man, so it doesn't really affect him.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
:facepalm: I just read up on it and it looks like the Landesmedienanstalten try to use this as a way to establish themselves as Minitrue.

Of course they do. They had already a lot of trouble back then (in about 1990) to allow private TV channels, despite this being simply a consequence of the constitution. The web with its possibilities is a nightmare for them, so many people who can broadcast freely to the world with equipment for a few dozen Euros... without asking them for permission....

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
:facepalm: is all I can think of regarding Landesmedienanstalten ...