LM-telecom: bind() failed 10048

MrFickles

Reaction score
I'm getting a LM-telecom: bind() failed 10048 error message.

I remember this used to happen if you didn't start Orbiter from scratch and just re-ran a scenario immediately after quitting. Now, no matter what I do, there is no way to get rid of the error.

I started from a fresh run of Apollo 10 (MCC) from T-4h using the scenario provided in release 1445.

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm getting a LM-telecom: bind() failed 10048 error message.

I remember this used to happen if you didn't start Orbiter from scratch and just re-ran a scenario immediately after quitting. Now, no matter what I do, there is no way to get rid of the error.

I started from a fresh run of Apollo 10 (MCC) from T-4h using the scenario provided in release 1445.

I've had that happen recently as well. Check the task manager to make sure the Orbiter process is completely shut down, in my case it wasn't...even after I had completely quit (or so I thought) and restarted Orbiter. Hope that helps.

MrFickles

Reaction score
You're right, there seems to be some background application running that's interfering. All good now thank you.

dseagrav

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The usual cause of this is Orbiter failing to destroy the vessel and creating another. Exit Orbiter and run it again, and make sure you don't have another Orbiter running in the background somewhere. The second usual cause is a firewall or other security product blocking the telemetry port.