Lunar hoax believers: DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
That's a nice image. :D
If there were any conspiracy fools on this forum, they are much outnumbered.

No, they are not outnumbered... they are lurkers... they are too many for us to count and they watch upon us...:lol::rofl:

Seriously. It must be aliens trying to make us to be confined to Earth, so we don't pollute their polanets. :lol::rofl:

bpops

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
Website
picasaweb.google.com
"This isn't really the moon, this is an elaborate set they made somewhere. That wasn't really a rocket that brought us here, that was a sophisticated simulator. I'm not really at 1/6th gravity, they just fed me some drugs. And that isn't earthrise, how can it be... the Earth is flat."

There are (scarily enough) more people who believe this:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.net/forum/

(click at your own risk)

MAraujo

Reaction score
why dont the conspiracy thoerorists ask the scientists today that still use the lunar laser ranging retroreflector array. I saw a show on NatGeo where some university was conducting expeiments bouncing lasers off the moon...when the laser hit the sweet spot of the mirror you could see its reflection with the naked eye. pretty cool stuff.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
And by the way, conspirators will continue to exist and continue trying to spread their stupidity anyway. They won't quite down even in case NASA returns to the moon one day. That will be just declared to be the continuation of the manned space flight hoax because of political and military reasons, just like the ISS also is another fake project because "in reality" it is a unmanned military space weapon and spying project, as you can read in certain forums. Oh, and don't even think the unmanned mars missions are real. They are quite a fake as well because "those pictures look pretty much like a fake"...

We have to accept that a significant part of any modern society consists of ignorant people who suffer from political paranoia and stupidity. They won't ever learn. As Andy44 said. Do not waste your time. Do not discuss with those people. It does not make any piece of sense.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

A. Einstein

PS: Conspiracy theory content within the web should be censored/removed/placed to a certain trash place. My contribution is to disable the comments within Youtube whenever I upload a space flight video. I also immediately ignore conspiracy theorists. If I'd had a forum, I'd delete certain topics/threads. That's the only way to keep a place and minds free of thought-crap.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I was just thinking about this earlier, in fact--how do flat-earthers explain that the sun is at different angles above the ground on different places on the earth simultaneously?

parallax? ;) Now, that would be fun...

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
why dont the conspiracy thoerorists ask the scientists today that still use the lunar laser ranging retroreflector array. I saw a show on NatGeo where some university was conducting expeiments bouncing lasers off the moon...when the laser hit the sweet spot of the mirror you could see its reflection with the naked eye. pretty cool stuff.

It must be embarassing for them to ask when they have no idea of what to ask.:lol::rofl:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I don't think Bart Sibrel believes in the moon hoax. He makes money off of his lies and he 'cheats' to spead lies. Surely he believes we landed and just does his best to tell others we didn't.

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this earlier, in fact--how do flat-earthers explain that the sun is at different angles above the ground on different places on the earth simultaneously?

the sun is projected to the earth with a giant imax screen... DUH:lol:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Still nowhere near as bad as the guy who thinks the moon is fake. Worse still, people are starting to AGREE with him.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
PS: Conspiracy theory content within the web should be censored/removed/placed to a certain trash place. My contribution is to disable the comments within Youtube whenever I upload a space flight video. I also immediately ignore conspiracy theorists. If I'd had a forum, I'd delete certain topics/threads. That's the only way to keep a place and minds free of thought-crap.

I have to disagree with that.

The reason "free speech" is a good idea is because you have to let people lay it all out and open up to argument. Using bullying "authority" to troll the net and shut down things you don't like is a complete nightmare. If you do not have the freedom to think incorrectly, then you basically have no freedom at all.

When you try to censor anyone, even when they say something you believe is obviously wrong, you only award them with credibility they do not deserve. You are playing into their hands.

That said, when you post videos it's up to you to disable comments to cut down on trolls and knuckleheads. Nothing wrong with that.

spcefrk

AeroEng
Donator
Reaction score
To believe it was all a hoax means you have to subscribe to one of two ridiculous things:

(1) NASA and the contractors and subcontractors (totaling about 400,000 people) developed a spacecraft that cannot actually survive the travel to and from the moon (for any number of reasons). And yet of the countless engineers who've looked at the designs and rebuilt these parts, not a single one has found anything that wouldn't work. On the contrary, they've gone back and rediscovered the sort of genius involved.

or

(2) All the engineers involved built a manned lunar vehicle that could function and does in fact have the ability to take men to the moon and back, but NASA and the US government decided not to use it and instead film a fake somewhere.

Neither option makes any sense at all.

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Another one is Apollo 13.

I seriously doubt that NASA or the American government would launch 3 astronauts in a ship which was designed to go wrong, and put the lives of the astronauts on board at a serious risk, even into Earth orbit (from a conspirator's point of view) to re-enter the atmosphere with seriously damaged systems and limited functionality and life support, as the systems on the re-entered Apollo ship were.

If they argue that the ship experienced the problems in Earth orbit, then why did it take them so long to return? I doubt that they would have spent extra time in such a dangerous ship in orbit with their lives at risk, just to keep the 'conspiracy' believable.

brandonman

Reaction score
Lol. I was just reading that Flat Earth Society, and it was hilarious. :p It makes me seriously wonder if it *is* satire, or people do buy into this...

Sky Captain

Reaction score
Have the moon landing conspirators actually provided any plausible reason why NASA did not go to the Moon? I mean what`s the point of developing all that multi billion $ hardware related to Moon mission and then deciding to fake the actual mission. It would be much more expensive and complicated than flying the real mission.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Have the moon landing conspirators actually provided any plausible reason why NASA did not go to the Moon? I mean what`s the point of developing all that multi billion $ hardware related to Moon mission and then deciding to fake the actual mission. It would be much more expensive and complicated than flying the real mission.

Also keep in mind that there was the USSR watching it as well; if they noticed that it was faked, the US would have become the laughing stock of the international community. That didn't happen, so I guess it's fair to assume that it wasn't faked. If it was, it was very well done.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The reason "free speech" is a good idea is because you have to let people lay it all out and open up to argument. Using bullying "authority" to troll the net and shut down things you don't like is a complete nightmare. If you do not have the freedom to think incorrectly, then you basically have no freedom at all.

There is a saying... You can stay silent and be rumored to be an idiot, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubts.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score

They have some explanation, but it is total nonsense- along with the rest of the Flat Earth Science, which painfully fails trying to reconcile a fairytale vision of the Earth with the evidence it not being so.

Status
Not open for further replies.