Advanced Question Lunar space station with very low Rinc

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hello,I am trying to place a station in lunar orbit which would be perfect for travel between moon surface bases,and earth,I want to be able to head to earth after undocking from the station,and not have to adjust my Rinc too much,because I am using large boosters to get me back,and they are not the easiest to maneuver with, I am getting a RInc right now of 208.46,way too much.How would I go about placing it too my specifications, orbit altitude ect,ect?Thanks.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
low R-inc compared to what? the earth? just go from your target earth orbit inclination to lunar orbit with as little plane-change as possible and you're there... will probably end up close to a perfect prograde/retrograde orbit

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
you can reach earth really from any orbit around the moon. mid course corrections are so cheap to do that you will easily be able to get yourself where you want to go.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Even with a high Earth Rinc?

Regardless of whether your orbital plane around the moon has any intersection with Earth, you are still orbiting Earth, so any retrograde maneuver relative to the moons orbit should eventually create an Earth return trajectory, assuming you dont burn so far as to create an orbit going the other way. The challenge is to pinpoint the landing site and to get the angle shallow enough so that you dont experience seventy Gs or worse during reentry.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I think this video fits well here, about the "you can get back to Earth from any lunar orbit":

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
So is it possible to correct rinc with MCCs when traveling back to earth?
Sorry for asking these questions,but it seems I am having trouble understanding this.
All the tutorials I have read for IMFD,and TransX have you get your rinc down to 0,or as low as possible,before returning to earth from the moon.