M6 forum - so what IS wrong???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersonic

Ancient Starship
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've just recently registered to this new forum, & i DO see that there is a thread already covering the M6 problem.
However it is nearly 250 replies long now & 13 Pages!!!
Seeing as it would be like finding a needle in a haystack, amongst all the jokey quips that are making up the majority of the posts there, to find the 'reasons', for the outage..

I thought it best to ask a-fresh what the problem is, so that the Answers are on page 1 of a thread for all to see...
I'm assuming that since this has been going on since at least February, that there ARE some answers???

Put simply, What HAS happenned to the M6 forum?
Is who's responsible for maintaining/ running it aware of the problem? (I assume we KNOW who is responsible for it?)
And are they trying to/ going to fix it?

Many thanks,
Hyper

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi All,
Put simply, What HAS happenned to the M6 forum?
Is who's responsible for maintaining/ running it aware of the problem? (I assume we KNOW who is responsible for it?)
And are they trying to/ going to fix it?

1) The forum database seems to have been deleted, making the forum software resort to it's startup mode of configuration.
2) Yes.
3) It is only possible to fix if the hosting company made a database backup. They should have done this, but so far we havn't got an answer out of them. If there is no backup then the orbiter forum is gone meaning all posts are unrecoverable. If this is the case then it probably wont be back again.

chris

Reaction score
1) The forum database seems to have been deleted, making the forum software resort to it's startup mode of configuration.

And someone in the other thread suggested a hacker who was recently banned from the orbiter forum may be the person that deleted the database.

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And someone in the other thread suggested a hacker who was recently banned from the orbiter forum may be the person that deleted the database.
Understandable, the Hacker thought "If I can't access the M6 forum, no one can" and deleted the database, understandable enough

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Too bad, because we have this one.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher