Surface Base Lunar Base Aurora Orbiter 2016 - not sure why a part is not showing....any ideas?

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Orbinauts,

I just wanted to see if any orbinauts out there might be able to help me with the Lunar Base Aurora for Orbiter 2016....I have managed to download and it seems to look OK now....was not flat in the beginning but then I had to download the micro textures for the moon, and it looks a lot better now....apart from part of the what I assume are solar panels....all eight should be blue but colour is partly missing...any ideas what could be causing this?....see below

1712666162637.png

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.....thank you

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
CAn you post a scenario? It looks they are sunk in the ground.. Did this have a flat file?

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi gattispilot.....The one I had to use apparently solved what was an issue in the beginning....see attached...but doesn't resolve it fully by the looks of things
I cant access a scenario at the moment, as I'm not at home right now....

Attachments

• Aurora.flt.txt
    79 bytes · Views: 0

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My best guess would be that they're clipping with the ground... though I honestly wouldn't expect to still see their silhouettes then.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
wouldn't expect to still see their silhouettes
They're part of the model (very nicely made with a transparent texture for the ground) :)

Did the height suggestion in the pm help? The problem is if you can't use hi-res elevation data it's not going to be perfect

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Buck, I'm not at home right now but will certainly try the height suggestion you mentioned...once I get in Orbiter this evening....thanks for the suggestion...
So I assume then that it's probably all about "ellipse" and whether it's flat or raised or whatever.....I'm always amazed at the knowledge you guys have when it comes to things like this....totally out of my sphere, but thank goodness we have guys like you to help us "non-tekkies" out when it comes to issues like this...keep up the good work!

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
There are many levels of "knowledge" and I'm certainly at the lower end :)
just picked up some stuff over the years, and it's very confusing at the beginning so it's nice to have a helping hand, but the reason I suggested you edit it yourself is that you probably have to do fine tuning your end anyway (and it's the quickest way to learn!)

Here is an adjusted w-aurora.cfg put it in the folder as stated in the pm, if it's still not right open it and adjust per instructions I posted (give it a go, if you get lost call back:))

Attachments

• W-Aurora.zip
    537 bytes · Views: 2

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Many thanks Buck...I really appreciate your help...I'll use the attached as you suggested and I'll let you know how I get on....thanks again :)