OHM Malerba inflatable module 2.0

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: ndudi

Malerba

The Malerba module is named like the first Italian astronaut Franco Malerba. Is a fictional vehicle, designed to provide an orbiting outpost for future lunar missions. Its particularity is to be a inflatable module thereby reduce weight and maximize the living space, all at advantage in terms of fuel.

REQUIRED ADDONS:

Vinka’s Multistage2
Vinka’s Spacecraft3

http://users.swing.be/vi nka/

Jarvis Heavy Launch Vehicle, version 2.51 or higher, by Orbiter Forum Italia.
http: //www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4527

UPDATE 4/5/2012:
_New mission profile (polar instead equatorial)
_New  inflatable section, whit internal parts and new better textures
_Update for the new version of Jarvis launcher
_More realistic fuel and weight parameters

DOWNLOAD

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Very nice! I can see where this will be a useful module for future station building projects.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Great work with the 2.0 version, ndudi!
A must-have!

romanasul

Reaction score
i know that there hasn't been a comment in almost a year but I'm hoping someone can answer my question. Is this addon really compatible with UMMU? Because I'm trying to transfer Crew from a Shuttle D and it's not working.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
i know that there hasn't been a comment in almost a year but I'm hoping someone can answer my question. Is this addon really compatible with UMMU? Because I'm trying to transfer Crew from a Shuttle D and it's not working.

If you use some of scenarios provided with the addon you will not be able to transfer crew into it since all of these are using spacecraft3 vessel for Malerba module (it made this way for compatibility with multistage launcher). You could spawn its .dll version with Scenario Editor - it is converted with Artlav sc3->dll converter and should have UMMU capacity if converted properly. If it's not, you could convert it by yourself and set any crew capacity you wish.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Shoot, this is my fault :lol:. Yeah Malerba doesnt natively support UMMU yet, but UMMUFA 2.0 will allow you to transfer to it. Thats what I get for putting in a plug for a add-on without checking. :facepalm:

We'll have to see if the dll converter will work for this. Malerba has a pretty complicated deployment animation that might not pass through the converter perfectly.

You could also use the new spacecraft.dll project that Face & Artlav are working on. I think it should support UMMU soon.

Can you post a picture? I would love to see what sort of mission you were flying.

Last edited:

romanasul

Reaction score
I converted it to a DLL and the crew can now be transferred. BruceJohnJennerLawso you were right, there is a slight glitch with the animations. When you deflate and retract the radiators there is a slight overlap but this can be fixed by restarting Orbiter.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Shoot, this is my fault :lol:. Yeah Malerba doesnt natively support UMMU yet, but UMMUFA 2.0 will allow you to transfer to it. Thats what I get for putting in a plug for a add-on without checking. :facepalm:

We'll have to see if the dll converter will work for this. Malerba has a pretty complicated deployment animation that might not pass through the converter perfectly.

You could also use the new spacecraft.dll project that Face & Artlav are working on. I think it should support UMMU soon.

Can you post a picture? I would love to see what sort of mission you were flying.

It wasn't a particular mission. What I like to do with Orbiter is play a continuous game, right now I'm around the year 2056 as I'm assuming that is when a more advanced lunar mining base will have been built. I use the Shuttle D for transport between the Earth and Moon and I've modified the XR5 to be equipped with a Fictional "Sabre" Engine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABRE_(rocket_engine).
I also use the DG4 but launched vertically on a rocket and lowered the ISP to what a LOX/LH2 engine would have.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I converted it to a DLL and the crew can now be transferred. BruceJohnJennerLawso you were right, there is a slight glitch with the animations. When you deflate and retract the radiators there is a slight overlap but this can be fixed by restarting Orbiter.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

It wasn't a particular mission. What I like to do with Orbiter is play a continuous game, right now I'm around the year 2056 as I'm assuming that is when a more advanced lunar mining base will have been built. I use the Shuttle D for transport between the Earth and Moon and I've modified the XR5 to be equipped with a Fictional "Sabre" Engine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABRE_(rocket_engine).
I also use the DG4 but launched vertically on a rocket and lowered the ISP to what a LOX/LH2 engine would have.

Cool, I would really love to see some shots of the base too.

Minor note: your link to wikipedia is slightly broken. The end ) needs to be in the link as well ;)

MaS

Reaction score
Ciao ndudi.

Il tuo addon è bellissimo (anche se non ho capito dove sono i posti per dormire e il bagno...:rofl:)...però la cosa che mi stà stressando è il fatto che non riesco ad aprire le porte di docking.

Dopo l'avvio dei sistemi ed il gonfiaggio (aspetto anche oltre 2 ore...) clicco su SHIFT+1 e/o SHIFT+2 ma non succede nulla....

Dove sbaglio?

ok..ok..scrivo un pò anche in inglese:lol:

Problem with docking ports.
I can't open them with SHIFT+1 and/or SHIFT+2.

Any suggestions about it?

Grazie
Thanks