Mars texture update preview

Fert

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Of course, there is no reason to change the existing texture if not necessary.

But for the interest: we can pay attention to the pictures taken with the cameras MSL Curiosity such as Mars Descent Imager (MARDI).
http://msl-scicorner.jpl.nasa.gov/Instruments/MARDI/
http://http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/mission/instruments/cameras/mardi/
This full-color video camera with a Bayer filter, as ordinary household camera. Movies, recorded with this camera on landing MSL all seen, that's the frame of it:
picture.php

The surface does not look red. This also applies to photos with other cameras MSL.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So, the reddish is the real surface color, the brownish the reddish surface plus atmosphere haze?

Col_Klonk

Reaction score
Tried a low level (full thrust) checkout.. Could be that I was going to fast (close to 3KmS) for the image to settle down (the background is 'in focus'), but it does start to get blurry down low.

t2ywP6t.jpg

AqFUGM6.jpg

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Yesterday I've found time to plug my big 52" TV to my laptop, and I showed my wife Earth and new Mars textures on the TV. I started the Mars trip from Valles Marineris. Down the road I discovered many interesting features. It was tons of fun.

Orbiter is not only a space flight simulator anymore. You can now impress girls with it :tiphat:

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yesterday I've found time to plug my big 52" TV to my laptop, and I showed my wife Earth and new Mars textures on the TV. I started the Mars trip from Valles Marineris. Down the road I discovered many interesting features. It was tons of fun.

Orbiter is not only a space flight simulator anymore. You can now impress girls with it :tiphat:

Finally!!!
*quietly goes out to buy a 52'' TV* :shifty:

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Enjo said:

Did the same: we were at the cinema to watch the martian and when we got home I plugged the laptop to the TV and told her "let's see where this guy was", and she was really impressed :thumbup: