OHM Moon_heimap64

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Clicking on the external link to download, I got this:

"This link was removed or not found."

I'd like to check this out, even though I've never actually been able to successfully get heightmaps into Orulex.

Qapla

Reaction score
Clicking on the external link to download, I got this:

"This link was removed or not found."

I'd like to check this out, even though I've never actually been able to successfully get heightmaps into Orulex.

Fert was good enough to send me this recently along with his moon terrain texture and its its absolutely stunning. The moon looks so real. Needs a fast PC though. Good to see hes trying to share it again its a must have.

You need to use OGLA and DX9 for best results. I use Orulex only if im going to the outer planets.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Does anybody know the optimal settings to get the effect above? I managed to download, and use orulex, but looks like jagged junk no matter the scenario.

Qapla

Reaction score
Does anybody know the optimal settings to get the effect above? I managed to download, and use orulex, but looks like jagged junk no matter the scenario.

As I mentioned above you need to use OGLA and DX9. Also open the terrain/moon.cfg and change microtexture to 1. Make sure you install the heightmap files after OGLA. Also click on video and and change the OGLA settings so that terrain is enabled.

Last edited:

Qapla

Reaction score
I thought you could just use orulex? too.

You can, but I believe Orulex doesn't support above level 9 textures, or something like that, either way OGLA is the only way to make it look like in the video.

Just install OGLA and the heightmap, goto modules and enable DX9 and OGLA and disable Orulex, then click video and enable terrain, and change the moon.cfg to microtexture=1.

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Sadly Fert has removed the moon texture map link (probably because its no longer working) but its the best texture ive seen and a must have. The usual level 11 moon texture doesn't look as good.

Qapla

Reaction score
Thanks Fert im looking forward to trying those new textures out, this is like gold dust for me in terms of Orbiter and OGLA, I really like real terrains.

Last edited: