Science Most challenging science?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It is theology. At least if you are not a ceramic atheist.

FADEC

Reaction score
I sadly didn't study anything. But from what I have seen and heared within my circle of friends and acquaintances I would guess it's biology and things which are related to it (neurology for example etc.). And I would add philosophy as well since it really can make your mind spin even without studying it.

xlns

Reaction score
Out of any type of science that you have studied, what is the most challenging... is inherently complicated as carbon is tetravalent.

Well, I have a degree in physics with diverse interest, so I'll toss my opinion: bronze medal would go to topology/general relativity. Always treading on mathematics, only sometimes achieving tantalizing "direct" insight. Silver medal would go to organic chemistry. I took a course in it and ever since, I have respect for the field : much to understand and a LOT to learn - quite hard I you got crappy memory like I do. Gold? Logic. One summer I've decided to thoroughly go through famous Godel's theorems. A painful experience, sense of misplacement, exhausting and blinding thoughts but with feeling of deep satisfaction at the end.

Do note that I'm not very good at any of these fields, so take this cum grano salis, just as subjective judgement.

Though I have not studied physics formally, physicists have told me that most of it is just applied math, which I find to be very easy.

There are no much physicist to agree with this: my professor in elementary particles was known to say, when explaining some some tedious mathematical parts - now, you can turn off your brains, this is only mathematics. :) Of course, that was in humoristic vain, but for sure - physics is not only applied mathematics. If it was, then mathematicians would regularly collect Nobel prizes in physics, just as they do in economics.

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What part did you look into? Because Quantum Mindfrak can get really nasty...

Anything that involves a lot of memorization is difficult for me. I can't stand reading for hours.
I probably should have rephrased that :p
Basically it's the easiest I've studied relative to its actually difficulty level. Quantum physics and mechanics is very hard, but I'm still able to comprehend more of it relative to its difficulty level than chemistry.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Chemistry was my first major at college, and it got very nasty when it got to the shapes of the electron shells. I already had allergic reactions to Quantum Mechanics, so I did not do to well in that regard. I ditched it, went to Physics, mainly astro-physics, and enjoyed it. Made more sense to me. But in the end, I ditched that too and went into Film and Video Production.