"Multi-Threading in time acceleration"

Sverige

Reaction score
Is anyone using "Multi-Threading in time acceleration" ticked? What is the highest time acceleration you can use during your flight to the moon and back without risking bugs (with and without "Multi-Thrading in time acceleration)?

/Mikael

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is anyone using "Multi-Threading in time acceleration" ticked? What is the highest time acceleration you can use during your flight to the moon and back without risking bugs (with and without "Multi-Thrading in time acceleration)?

/Mikael

That option should always be ticked for best performance, it is not on by default but it really should be and there should be an update for that soon. How much time acceleration can be safely used really depends on how fast your system is, on mine I use 30x in cislunar space or 10x in low earth orbit without issue. I would not go above 50x since low frame-rate could create issues with the AGC's erasable memory and general system stability.

Last edited:

Sverige

Reaction score
Hi Jalexb,
thanks for the information! I have a good computer but I avoid going over 10x in low earth orbit. In some cases with SIVb before TLI, I have chosen as low as 5x to be sure. I think the autopilot has worked poorly sometimes when I have used 10x with SIVb. 30x sounds reasonable I think and that is what I will go for in cislunar.

/Mikael

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hi Jalexb,
thanks for the information! I have a good computer but I avoid going over 10x in low earth orbit. In some cases with SIVb before TLI, I have chosen as low as 5x to be sure. I think the autopilot has worked poorly sometimes when I have used 10x with SIVb. 30x sounds reasonable I think and that is what I will go for in cislunar.

/Mikael

I have a fairly old computer (2006) so I usually dont take it above 10x. Multithreading definitely helps. Thankfully with NASSP, there is usually plenty to keep you busy at 1x.

lricca

Reaction score
I have a computer with a i5 9600k, I think that it is quite powerful, but I can't run nassp above 3 or 4x with attitude hold. If the attitude changes the thrusters start firing and I lose control.
The only way to set the speed to 10x is to set the cmc to free or I'm doing something wrong?

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have a computer with a i5 9600k, I think that it is quite powerful, but I can't run nassp above 3 or 4x with attitude hold. If the attitude changes the thrusters start firing and I lose control.
The only way to set the speed to 10x is to set the cmc to free or I'm doing something wrong?

That is normal. Its better not to use time acceleration with any DAP modes active, set CMC MODE - FREE & SCS in wide dead-band during time acceleration, same goes with the LM.

lricca

Reaction score
Technical question: why I have to set wide deadband if I set the dap on free?

jalexb88

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Technical question: why I have to set wide deadband if I set the dap on free?

That is only the case when you are in CMC mode (SC CONT - CMC). If you are in SCS mode then setting the wide deadband will ensure that thrusters dont fire if any rates develop during time accel. If you are in CMC mode then the only thing to worry about is CMC mode to free.