Must-Have Freeware Tools

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
for those who, like myself, always have a laptop besides your desk rig:
Synergy: a mouse and keyboard sharing tool which allows you to move your mouse from one computer to another as if it were a secondary monitor (you can type with the keyboard and do ctrl+c, ctrl+v, too)

PDF Creator: a "virtual printer" that allows any program that can print to save a PDF file

DropBox: an automatic folder-sync/sharing tool which integrates seamlessly with any workflow - and saved my a** several times during college (free up to 2gb)

MapZone: an astoundingly powerful proceedural texture generator with a clever node-linking interface

SpyBot - Search 'n Destroy: a very nice tool to get rid of those damn malware bits...

Process Explorer: a replacement for the windows task manager which enables you to see what's REALLY going on under the hood

Phun: fun with physics!

Visual Subst: tired of browsing through folders? - make them into DRIVES using a visual app instead of a commandline

AutoHotKey: use simple scripts to have your computer work for YOU and not the other way around!

just to name a few...

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll second the good word on paint.net. I wouldnt be able to do a thing in orbiter without it :thumbup: