Gaming My new JF A340

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I realized that Just Flight was having an after christmas sale today, and took advantage of it to buy the A340-500/600 package, and I have to say it is very nice. There are two models, Virtua Cockpit and Virtual Cabin. It's a good idea, because it preserves FPS, unlike the CS 757. Sure, the cabin isn't as detailed as the 757, but it still works well for pretending to be a passenger. The flight dynamics are beautiful, unlike the sluggish controls on the default A321. My favorite feature is one of the aircraft views. It simulates a camera mounted on the belly, facing the main gear. Perfect for filming those dramatic landing sequences. Also, ulike the default Tail view, the camera is actually mounted on the tailfin, just like in real life. All in all, $40, now $27, well spent.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to spend money on add-ons for FSX at this point. Maybe later on, but I just don't see myself using it that much when I can pick up an entire other game for that price.

I picked up X-plane for about $40 a couple days ago.

The default scenery is absolutely beautiful compared to FSX, and it runs just as fast (to be fair, I didn't actually try it on the same computer, just a comparable one according to 3dmark, but yeah).

The default airplane selection is broad, but not particularly "deep"--none of the planes are particularly inspiring or well done. There are several "features" which prevent me from really getting into it--the lack of support for a joystick hat for rotating the view (I mean c'mon, seriously? Orbiter has that, and it's free and developed in someone's spare time) among them. The airports and cities aren't particularly well done, at least when compared with FSX (no space needle in seattle?! wtf!) but the wilderness is absolutely beautiful. I could fly around a mountain range for hours and never get bored.

Also, pilot...you ditched me today! I was on FSX for like four hours.... :(

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oh yeah, sorry:blush: forgot all about that.
:cry:w/e...i won't be able to be back on for another two weeks or so since my computer's getting shipped up to seattle...