Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Mr Martian submitted a new addon:

Neptunian Moons for Orbiter 2016 - Semifictional Neptunian moons with topography, spaceports, MFD maps, and surface markers

View attachment 38668

This addon includes semifictional surface textures (up to level 8) with elevation (up to level 6), surface bases, surface feature markers, and MFD maps for the three main Neptunian moons (Proteus, Triton, and Nereid). The textures were derived from the work of multiple artists, credit to whom is found in the redme document.

Please note, as Neptune's moons are yet to be fully imaged/mapped, the unknown areas contain ficticious data.

More information is...

Read more about this addon...

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Very nice moonpack! I added the microtexture, as described in the readme, which greatly improves the ground view from low altitude.

One question: In the "Station Supply Run" scenario, is the wheel station orbiting retrograde around Neptune?
This make is pretty tricky to rendezvous with one of the moons.

A suggestion:
The generic "Readme" gets lost in the Orbiter folder after installation.
I think it would be better to give it the same name as the addon and put it in the Doc-folder, like
\Doc\Neptune_Moons.pdf

gamer19

Reaction score
Very nice moonpack! I added the microtexture, as described in the readme, which greatly improves the ground view from low altitude.

One question: In the "Station Supply Run" scenario, is the wheel station orbiting retrograde around Neptune?
This make is pretty tricky to rendezvous with one of the moons.

A suggestion:
The generic "Readme" gets lost in the Orbiter folder after installation.
I think it would be better to give it the same name as the addon and put it in the Doc-folder, like
\Doc\Neptune_Moons.pdf
that's good idea

actually
although I did that for myself (rename the readme) and even put it in same folder as scenarios for this add on (love to do that for every add on cause I can always easy find anything I need about the mod) - I actually didn't read it 😌 so I never find out about those microtexture suggestion

thank you francis, that would be what I call a helpful post :giggle: