NEW RELEASE: Local Space Transport

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Now available at Orbit Hangar:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3427"]Local Space Transport[/ame]

LSTS201-Logo.jpg

You can view the documentation at my website:

http://www.gregburch.net/orbiter/LSTS201.html

As always, feedback is welcome. I'll be leaving for work shortly, so if there's a "packing" error, I may not be able to get to it until this evening CST.

GB

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Coo :) thanks i will try this out soon :)

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... close to a 100 downloads ... no bug reports ... everything working OK? In my rush to get to work this morning I skipped a "clean install" test, which is usually a prescription for some stupid mistake on my part, so I'm wondering if everything installs and runs correctly ...

Impending Doom

Reaction score
I've downloaded this addon, and hit a bit of a snag. When I try to launch any mission that includes the transport, Orbiter zips through the setup screen, but close to the very end, just as orbiter is about to initalize, I get an error stating that 'Orbiter.EXE has encountered a problem and was forced to close.' I checked to see if Spacecraft3.DLL was added properly, (sc3 always seems to trip me up) which didn't seem to be the problem. I downloaded a few of your other addons, just in case the crash was caused due to some missing configs/textures/etc., which didn't seem to help any. Come to think of it, the rest of your addons have been acting the same way. It could be caused by Vista, but somehow I doubt that. Checking the Orbiter logs, this shows up as the last entry beore the crash:

Code:
Module Miranda.dll [API v.060425]
Module Ariel.dll [API v.060425]
Module Umbriel.dll [API v.060425]
Module Titania.dll [API v.060425]
Module Oberon.dll [API v.060425]
Module Neptune.dll [API v.050206]
VSOP87(B) Neptune: Precision 1e-006, Terms 391/2024
Module Triton.dll [API v.060425]
Finished initialising world
Module Spacecraft3.dll [API v.050206]
**** WARNING: Mesh not found: .Meshes.msh

From the looks of it, it's a problem with one of the .msh files, but looking through the configs, they all seem to be in order.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Impending Doom

Reaction score
Yes, along with Celestium and the Descartes pack. But that's all of your addons I have.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm stumped. The log file indicates lack of a mesh, but the only meshes called for are those in this addon and SSBB4.1.

You might try copying the scenario file that's crashing into a newly-named one, and deleting all of the SSBB, modules, i.e. seeing if the problem persists if you're just using the meshes from this particular addon.

Have you gotten other sc3 addons to work?

Impending Doom

Reaction score
Well, the test craft that come with Vinka's sc3 seem to work just fine. Also, I don't think the SSBB pack is the problem, because as I stated, the transporter wasn't working before I downloaded the pack. I downloaded the building blocks because I thought the scenarios required them, and that that was causing the crash.

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
All the included scenarios DO require the SSBB4.1 modules. I'm sure you've checked to see that the meshes are all in the right "meshes/burchismo" directory ...

I AM stumped. Anyone else??

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
He's got an .ini problem, syntax or something.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try this, just for kicks: Install the SSB4 pack, then the 4.1 pack, and then LST201. I got a similar error and that resolved it.

Impending Doom

Reaction score
Okay, took forever on my 56k connection, but I downloaded and installed the addons in the order you suggested, and it all works now. Thanks all!

By the way, absolutely beautiful vessels, Burch.:)

GregBurch

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, there must be some element in the the SSBB 4.0 addon that wasn't updated in the the 4.1 release --- and is in all the scenarios in this addon. Good to know.

I'm sure this happened because the LEO station in these scenarios is just the one I've developed over time for myself, and there must be an original SSBB module buried in there somewhere ...

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Run this tool
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3201"]Orbiter diagnostic V0.2[/ame]
and post the results of the diagnostic here.