Misc New TransX developer required/Agentgonzo's leaving thread

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
As some of you know, I'm going to be leaving the world of 9-to-5 to go to South Africa on Safari for pretty much the whole of 2010. As such, I won't be going near a computer very much and definitely won't be doing any coding. This means that I won't be doing any work on TransX.

As the new Orbiter 2009 RC (and hopefully gold) versions get released, people are discovering bugs in the new versions that need tending to. If anyone is at all interested in taking on the work of maintaining (or even expanding TransX) then please take a look at the code here and contact me. I'll be around until the 7th of January (I fly out on the 10th, but won't have a computer after the 7th), so if you want to help out with TransX after that, contact Martins as I've made him an administrator for the TransX project.

Happy Christmas everyone and happy orbinauting in 2010!

Last edited:

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Thanks a lot agent gonzo for all your excellent work for the community. I'll try to have a look and maintain your fantastic mfd.

have a great life in south africa

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
See you, Gonzo. Have fun with the lions and the zebras and the hippos and the giraffes and if you see a penguin, RUN!!! Sai "Hi" to Rizzo the Rat!

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy SA, agentgonzo. :)

And for the nth time, watch out for criminals. :p

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yeah. Have a great time at South Africa!

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
I have really appreciated all your efforts Steve. Like all projects related to orbiter it's an unpaid task. You definitely deserve to take a year off and explore.
Yes I hope someone out there can pick up the TransX ball and run with it.

Last edited:

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Since this is turning into a cheerleading thread, I think that I may as well just add to it rather than start a new one.

Thank you to everyone on the forum for all their help, banter and jollity over the past 3 years that I've been doodling around with Orbiter. You've not only helped me learn new things, but made me become an absolute space nut - so much that I'll drive home from work early to see a live shuttle launch and make all my friends watch it too! Special thanks to all the lurkers on IRC too - you've proved a vital distraction when I'm in need of chatter at work and a helpful quick troubleshooting group.

For those of you that want to know what I'm doing, Bushwise is the company that I'll be doing my training with and GVI is the company that I organised it through. I've set up a blog too if you want to follow what I'm doing next year as well - see details in the first post if you want to signup to get updates.

Steve/agentgonzo

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Since this is turning into a cheerleading thread, I think that I may as well just add to it rather than start a new one.

Good. Cheerleaders are almost like LWs.

the-new-claire-bennet.jpg

There's never too many of them.