Question New Ver. MFD's not working in Orbiter 2006 P-1

NomenDubium

Reaction score
Hello.
I hope someone might help resolve this issue. I downloaded the newest versions of Burn Time Cal (ver.2.32) and Map 3D MFD (v0.7a) and tried to use them in Orbiter 2006 P-1. The older versions worked without a glitch but when I replaced the old modules for the new versions, neither of the MFD's show up when you press the "SEL" button. I've tried renaming the old modules; moving the old modules out of the Modules\Plugin directory; renaming the new version modules and nothing seems to work - they simply will not appear as a selection in the MFD screen. The authors (topper0710 & tofitouf) state in the posting that the new versions are compatible with Orbiter 2001 P-1. Can someone give me some clues and hints as to what I need to do to get them to work. I would appreciate the help very much. Thank you

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
modules compiled against 2010's SDK won't work in 2006 P1.

Saying that I've had galactic map MFD v0.7 working fine in 2006 P1.

What error are you seeing?

NomenDubium

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for replying. There is no error message. The modules just will not show up as a selection on the MFD screen when you press the "SEL" button.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hi. Thanks for replying. There is no error message. The modules just will not show up as a selection on the MFD screen when you press the "SEL" button.

The TLDR version for you: every Orbiter version is only most of the time upwards compatible (use something from 2006 in 2010) but absolutely not downward compatible (from 2010 to 2006).

If something is made for 2010 and it still works in 2006, that is a lucky accident. Especially MFDs are subject to the new rendering interface in 2010, that does not exist in 2006.