Next mission?

Polaris

Reaction score
Izack, I had something like the Rocketship Galileo in mind.

Last edited:

darknrgy

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but what exactly are the OF Missions? I read some OFMM topics and I can see that it is some kind of role playing, but what is the actual work-flow for the steps? There's some sort of master scenery file -- is that handed back and forth between people with different steps completed? Does it involve at any point any kind of multi-user simulating?

Just reading through it I have all kinds of ideas, like doing robotic missions with real world latency built in, networks of satellites with constant LOS for communication, etc. I don't really know what the framework is capable of, but it's piqued my interest. I'm a software developer with no job at the moment and I need a project.

Maybe there's some thread that intro's the whole OF Mission thing.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There have been several projects that have involved building a space station in low Earth orbit, each station was unique using many different launch vehicles during the assembly process. Typically a group member was assigned a flight, and would then be responsible for that particular part of the assembly process. The "pilot" would post the completed scenario; which would then be used by the "Flight Director" to build the next scenario.

The flights are usually fun, but it is difficult sometime to coordinate schedules between pilots.

Here's a look http://www.orbiter-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

There was a mission to Mars, but it got stuck in a development quagmire. There was a "lite" set of missions that went to Mars, and deployed a base on Phobos.