noob question

thefinalgamer

Reaction score
i just got the game today and am wondering where is the tutorials at? (this game is kinda confusing)

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding pretentious, Orbiter is more of a simulator, less of a game. That being said, it's not so much confusing as it is complex. I've played a lot of games/simulations where I've been able to intuitively figure some of the aspects, but Orbiter, pure and simple, requires reading the manual. There are some written tutorials there, then once you've exhausted those, go to the forums on this site and check out the tutorials/references there . It can take a lot of work, but the rewards are well worth it! Welcome to Orbiter!

polaris149Tiberius

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.101stAirborneDivisionClan.com
Bad Link

Bad Link

dutchpirate your link is bad. It goes to "HTTP 404 not found" land.

You can check out the tutorials posted here. And there are several other sites that have some older tutorials. I cant name any of them right now but you can check out the tutorials in this section of these forums. They are quite good.
Some that I have done are listed here: (most of them are unfinished due to time restraints):
"From the Earth to The Moon" an AMSO 1.17 Apollo 11 Full Mission Tutorial Using IMFD

"From the Earth to The Moon" an AMSO 1.17 Apollo 8 Full Mission Tutorial w IMFD 5.1m

"When We Left The Earth" Episode 1 a Mercury Program Tutorial

"When We Left The Earth" Episode 6 a Default Space Shuttle STS to ISS Tutorial

Feel free to look at the ones that are close to finish or any of them. I have been focusing my time on Apollo 11 Full Mission Tutorial as of lately. It will get you to the moon and back.
Good luck and welcome to the foums and Orbiter.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
i just got the game today and am wondering where is the tutorials at? (this game is kinda confusing)
If you are looking for instructions on how to use the sim or learn the basics of flight/spaceflight, the official Orbiter manual is in your Orbiter directory as OrbiterDir/Doc/Orbiter.pdf
The Orbiter homepage(quicklink: orbitersim.com) has a link called Documentation which will give you a link to a cool tutorial called Go Play In Space