Hardware Nvidia Optimus Support

Relkari

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just upgraded my laptop to a PB EasyNote TX86, this is one of these Nvidia Optimus systems with a Intel I5 HD Graphics and a Nvidia 310M,
I'm unable to get orbiter to use the Nvidia card, In the 3D devices drop down I can only select the Intel Graphics card even when forced on thru the Nvidia CP.
Just curious to see if anybody else has found a solution.

Thanks

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Have you installed driver software for your Card?

Relkari

Reaction score
Yea, things like SSM(Space Shuttle Mission), WOW, Vehicle sim, all use the nvidia card properly. All drivers are at the latest revision.

When Using the above games, the Nvidia Optimus Util says it is using the nvidia GPU but when running orbiter it's only using the Intel HD, I think it could be a issue with software using older versions of DX.

Last edited:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
How new is your laptop?

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
How long have you had Orbiter installed?

Relkari

Reaction score
Clean install tried 2006P1 & 2010P1.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Ahh, just been checking the Nvidia Forums and It's a known issue with DX7 based software looks like nvidia are working on a fix.

Thanks for the help

Relkari

Reaction score
Just a quick note to people with the same problem, using the D9 or OpenGL client from the OVP will use the nvidia gpu :thumbup:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Just a heads-up: before updating the nvidia driver ro 275.33 I couldn't select the 310M gpu for Orbiter, even after making a profile for it in the control panel, but now it works perfectly with both the inline and the D3D9 client.

tariuq

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Nvidia optimus not recognized

I also have a Nvidia optimus card with the 275.33 update. It's a GeForce GT 335M. I'm unable to get Orbiter to recognize it, neither the regular version nor with the D3D9 client. When I run Orbiter I only see the Intel Graphics card. When I try to make a profile for the orbiter.exe file in the Nvidia Control Panel, the profile disappears when I close and then reopen the Control Panel. Paradoxically, I can make a profile for the orbiter_ng.exe file, but this does not help Orbiter to "see" the Nvidia card. However, when I select the Nvidia card as the preferred graphics card in the global settings, I get a small but noticeable improvements of frame rates when I run Orbiter (25 to 40 fps), so the Nvidia card must be doing something. Does anyone know what's going on?

Last edited: