oapiOpenInputBox problem

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello. I am having a slight problem with the oapiOpenInputBox function.

Code:
// in consumekeybuffered

case OAPI_KEY_R:
        {
            oapiOpenInputBox("Enter new ref", VectorInput, 0, 20, &v->tV);
            v->resetRef();
            return true;
        }

resetRef() simply updates the reference of a thruster. The problem is, tV DOES get inputed with the vector the user enters, however resetRef() doesn't update the thruster position until the next time you press SHIFT + R. This makes me wonder if oapiOpenInputBox really opens the modal dialog at the end of the timestep or something. How does this exactly work?

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hello. I am having a slight problem with the oapiOpenInputBox function.

Code:
// in consumekeybuffered

case OAPI_KEY_R:
        {
            oapiOpenInputBox("Enter new ref", VectorInput, 0, 20, &v->tV);
            v->resetRef();
            return true;
        }

resetRef() simply updates the reference of a thruster. The problem is, tV DOES get inputed with the vector the user enters, however resetRef() doesn't update the thruster position until the next time you press SHIFT + R. This makes me wonder if oapiOpenInputBox really opens the modal dialog at the end of the timestep or something. How does this exactly work?

I haven't had any problems with Input Box. But execution of the program doesn't stop in oapiOpenInputBox(). When the user is entered the data in the input box it will call VectorInput subroutine. You must call resetRef() in VectorInput subroutine and pass the pointer "v" into the VectorInput (Not v->tV) so you can access them both.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oooooooh...So the simulation continues while the user is entering the string. Thanks! :)