Question OBSS on David413's Shuttles

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I have been enjoying the fine work of the 4.1.8 Shuttles and the included Ultra RMS and OBSS. I have read through many of the manuals, but I cannot seem to find the procedure for grappling the OBSS. I am currently running the STS-127 launch scenario. I am in orbit. The cargo bay doors are opened. The radiators are deployed. The SRMS is deployed to the pre-grapple position per the STS-114 PDRS, but I do not know how to uncradle the OBSS. I read somewhere where someone said you choose the Ultra-MPM and press left shift + num pad 2, but it does not move for me. Can someone assist in advising how to perform the grapple procedure, or point me to a manual with the procedure. Many thanks.

discovery

Reaction score
If u want grapped only OBSS ,(press ctrl + space) move ur arm to two's grapped points on OBBS , witch one , ur choice , and press Grapple on ur shuttle RMS control ( ctrl + space ) thats all.

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Thanks gents. I'll give it a try. I did not notice the MPMs moving the OBSS into position. Maybe I should be more observant.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Just passing along that I was able to grapple the OBSS without issue. Just a couple of more questions (and I may need someone with real-world knowledge):

1. Is the purpose of the MPMs to maneuver the OBSS into the cargo bay? If so, does it not work on David's shuttle fleet? (maybe because the OBSS is fixed to the shuttle versus fixed to the MPMs?)

2. Is the OBSS inspection locations actually covered in the PDRS or are they located elsewhere. I went to the STS-114 PDRS and found the unberthing instructions and the berthing instructions, and the handoff instructions, but can't seem to locate the inspection coordinates.

I appreciate everyone's help. The Shuttle Fleet is really world-class, and I am just trying to understand the right way to do these things.

Thanks,