Hardware Oculus Rift and Orbiter

Astronut25

Reaction score
Someone figured out how to get the Oculus Rift and KSP to work using Vireio Perception and I am wondering if someone has got it to work in Orbiter. I've been messing around with it for a while without success. :compbash2:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Someone figured out how to get the Oculus Rift and KSP to work using Vireio Perception and I am wondering if someone has got it to work in Orbiter. I've been messing around with it for a while without success. :compbash2:

I think you would want to use the DX9 client for that, for any chance of it working.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Where can you find information about KSP and Oculus Rift? I'm quite curious about that.

Astronut25

Reaction score
Where can you find information about KSP and Oculus Rift? I'm quite curious about that.

Quote from:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com...-Perception-KSP-within-reach?highlight=oculus
Archimid said:
Hello. KSP has become one of my most played games. I got an Oculus Rift last week. Vireio perception released drivers that are somewhat compatible with KSP. Here is what happened. I got to orbit in stereoscopic 3D!! I can honestly say that KSP and the Oculus Rift were meant for each other.

Vireio Profile: (paste to profile.xml)
<profile game_name="KSP" game_exe="KSP.exe" shaderModRules="KSP.xml" VRboostRules="Default.MTBS" minVRboostShaderCount="19" game_type="500" rollEnabled="false" worldScaleFactor="1" convergence="3" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" hud_3D_depth_mode="2" hud_3D_depth_1="0" hud_3D_depth_2="0" hud_3D_depth_3="0" hud_3D_depth_4="0" hud_distance_1="0" hud_distance_2="0" hud_distance_3="0" hud_distance_4="0" hud_key_swap="0" hud_key_default="0" hud_key_small="0" hud_key_large="0" hud_key_full="0" gui_3D_depth_mode="2" gui_3D_depth_1="0" gui_3D_depth_2="0" gui_3D_depth_3="0" gui_3D_depth_4="0" gui_size_1="0" gui_size_2="0" gui_size_3="0" gui_size_4="1" gui_key_swap="0" gui_key_default="0" gui_key_small="0" gui_key_large="0" gui_key_full="0" />

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Archimid pics doesn't show any 3D at all, and he said that head tracking is not avaliable. So I don't think it is doable for now.

Astronut25

Reaction score
Archimid pics doesn't show any 3D at all, and he said that head tracking is not avaliable. So I don't think it is doable for now.

It works, I've used it in-game and everything works perfectly fine, except for the head-tracking.