Problem OGLA & Orbiter Sound

Max Pain

Reaction score
How is it possible to listen to music in space (outside view) while using OGLA.

When i run Orbiter in OGLA Mode, the Orbiter Sound Addon works but it doesn't find any mp3's (when looking on the mfd).

Haven't tested it with the dx7 client. Maybe it's not an OGLA problem, but an orbiter_ng one.

Edit: It's definitly not an OGLA problem since it occurs with the dx7 client too.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
How is it possible to listen to music in space (outside view) while using OGLA.

When i run Orbiter in OGLA Mode, the Orbiter Sound Addon works but it doesn't find any mp3's (when looking on the mfd).

Haven't tested it with the dx7 client. Maybe it's not an OGLA problem, but an orbiter_ng one.

Edit: It's definitly not an OGLA problem since it occurs with the dx7 client too.
Have you followed the instructions included with OrbiterSound to include other mp3s in the list?

It doesn't just search your hard drive...

Max Pain

Reaction score
Sorry maybe I haven't described the problem clear:

I hear the music I added when I run the normal orbiter.exe.

When I run Orbiter_ng.exe (happens with OGLA and dx7) it doesn't find any music. It even doesn't play the default one "Air on a G String".

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure it should, after all it is the "NG" exe which is made for testing not listning to music.

But... I could be wrong.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure it should, after all it is the "NG" exe which is made for testing not listning to music.

But... I could be wrong.

Orbiter_NG is the Orbiter core without graphics. It is not made just for testing...It allows you to use different graphics clients.

AMOE

Snake
Reaction score
Website
amoe.forogratis.es
Hello that such? Happens to me (if the translation was correct) as well as you. Since 2010 use Orbiter Ogla with no human form that I load mp3s (the sounds are perfect, all my music but they do not ...). At the beginning I said that is disabled (it is not, I put from the control panel that plays OrbiterSound always) and to activate it tells me there is no mp3s, even occasionally close my Orbiter.

Reinstall Ogla OrbiterSound and I turned off, also no longer use the NG, but still not working. You'll have to reinstall everything (and everything is much, believe me if I say I'm well stocked hehe) but failing that you may know there must be something ...

Translated with Google Translator... sino se entiende las quejas a ellos jajaja

Max Pain

Reaction score
Lo siento, no me he entiondo.

I didn't understand what you were saying. However, I'm going to test it on a clean install, when I come home.

Why doesn't this occur to anybody else?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

So tested it on a clean install, with only orbiter itself, orbiter sound and the d3d7 client installed. Exactly the same problem, with Orbiter_ng.exe it doesn't find any mp3's.

Running normal Orbiter.exe no problem.

I can't believe nobody else has this problem. This is stupid because I like OGLA but Orbiter isn't the same without music.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
The problem, I believe, is that Orbiter Sound patches the Orbiter executable. I've not installed Orbiter Sound on 2010 yet, and it's been a while since I've installed it even on 2006, but I believe the problem can be summed up as "you have installed Orbiter sound on Orbiter.exe, but have not installed it on Orbiter_ng.exe".

Also, I have a feeling that even if you did tell Orbiter Sound to patch itself to Orbiter_ng.exe at install, it might not be compatible with it. The author might need to be asked to make a version of Orbiter Sound for Orbiter_ng.exe, but I'm not sure of that.