Orbiter Help

Drenwick

Reaction score
Hi,

A while back I had Orbiter installed and it worked great. Now just recently my friend and I decided to reinstall it and go into space again. One problem: I get massive lag. I can't even move in the simulator, the particles are white squares, it is awful. Please help.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hmmm. Have you checked that the video tab is set to something other than RGB Emulation?

What is the specs of your computer?

Drenwick

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, I have run Orbiter before, and it never lagged once. My computer does meet the requirements.

Drenwick

Reaction score
I just installed it again, launched the Atlantis, played around a bit, and no lag at all. I did turn all of the effects off though. I then quit (ctrl+q) then launched Shuttle-A, the lag was back. I have determined that it lags whenever I launch the game again, after playing.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Have you checked in for any virus or spyware activity? And what about my first question? Is the video device setting on the Video tab set to anything besides RGB Emulation?

RGB Emulation forces Orbiter to do all the rendering itself, instead of heanding over this task to the computer's graphics system.

You essentially place the entire load of rendering onto the CPU instead of the GPU. And the CPU already is busy enough with physics calculations, so it can't cope with the load, severely affecting the frame rate.