Orbiter ratio

What Ratio or time do you spend for orbiter in hours?

• (1-2)/1

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • (3-4)/1

• (5-6)/1

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • (7-8)/1

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • (9-10)/1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (11-12)/1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13+/1

• Total voters

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
whats your ratio;

Orbiter-forum / Orbiter simulation-time

*Note*
posted in hours,

:cheers:

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
Sorry for sounding dumb but I don't really understand the choices. I do know you want to find out how much time we spend on orbiter but you are asking a "ratio or time". For example let's say that I spent 8 hours of every day on Orbiter. What answer would this be in the choices? It's 1/3rd of the total hours in a day meaning (3-4)/1. Or is it (7-8)/1 for 7 or 8 hours in a day?

Perhaps the question might be better stated as to how many hours a week you spend on Orbiter? Then provide choices of 1,3,5,10,20,more.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sorry for sounding dumb but I don't really understand the choices. I do know you want to find out how much time we spend on orbiter but you are asking a "ratio or time". For example let's say that I spent 8 hours of every day on Orbiter. What answer would this be in the choices? It's 1/3rd of the total hours in a day meaning (3-4)/1. Or is it (7-8)/1 for 7 or 8 hours in a day?

Perhaps the question might be better stated as to how many hours a week you spend on Orbiter? Then provide choices of 1,3,5,10,20,more.

agreed. This is why I didn't vote, it's a bit confusing. :blink:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com

ok, first, for your sounding dumb, you don't. :)

and second, it was a typo, I meant to say ratio of time.
And the reason I didn't ask how many hours you spend on orbiter, its different. Its different because you might say that you spend 20 hours on orbiter related activity's, but 19 hours 59 mins of that time you could be on a forum, or programming it, or doing anything else. And every persons different. Like I can be spending 20 hours on orbiter activity's, and someone else might as well. But the difference, is the ratio. One may spend 20 hours playing orbiter, while another may be programming it. Little different, don't you think? Why I chose ratio, is because I didn't want to know how much time you spend on orbiter activity's, but comparing the time spend on orbiter activity's and actual simulation time.

(in other words) If you notice, ratios are independent of time. Like if you use the ratio (look at wikipedia) (I believe its introduced in Algebra, but if you haven't had it, then your excused)

a ratio (used in wikipedia) example is miles/hour, also independent of time, although you can use time to find how far you went, or how vise-versa. (another reason for using ratio)

If I wanted to know how long on average per week you spent on orbiter, than I would have asked. :p

Oh, and as for the poll, its asking;

(between)1(hour)-(to)2(hours)
/ (over)
1(hours playing orbiter)

If you still don't understand it, than I will have to break it down even more for you.

And yes, if you spend 8 hours on the forum for every hour of simulation time than that would mean you would select (7-8)/1

Good day.

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
OK that clears it up. Thanks. It's the ratio of:
time time spent related to orbiter other than playing the sim/ playing the sim itself
The smallest choice is between 1:1 and 2:1
What if I spend just 3 or 4 minutes doing things like visiting the forum, for every hour I play the sim. There should be a (0-1)/1 choice shouldn't there?
Ooops, that just used up my 4 minutes. Gotta get back to my free return flight before the MCC's cost so much it's no longer free.