orbiterines please check in here

Salamander

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Are there any other females using Orbiter?

Last edited by a moderator:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I wish I was an orbiterine. :p

Seriously though, what's to prevent females from liking Orbiter?

I don't think you have enough data on the subject to seriously comment, Samuel...

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
I wish I was an orbiterine. :p

Seriously though, what's to prevent females from liking Orbiter?

I don't think you have enough data on the subject to seriously comment, Samuel...
Dunno. My sister loves spaceflight (even volunteers at Udvar Hazy,) but she's doesn't play video games aside from the occasional 4 player Mario Kart when visiting family.

C'est la vie.

Last edited:

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
My daughter is beginning to get into orbiter, sadly she's a little too young to go onto a public forum.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Dunno. My sister loves spaceflight (even volunteers at Udvar Hazy,) but she's doesn't play video games aside from the occasional 4 player Mario Kart when visiting family.

My daughter likes spaceflight (among many other interests, including *yuck* Cheerleading), but she doesn't yet play orbiter... she watched it when I played it, but she doesn't yet have the courage to try it herself.

and before I let my daughter into the Orbiter forum, I'll have to kill or neuter a few of you blokes here... nothing against you personally, but I'll think you are really bad company. :cheers:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, this thread seems to have officially backfired. We're all Orbiterinos. :p

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Why do you care? Most females hate orbiter. my sister for example

That is quite disrespectful Samuel. There could be lots of females interested in Orbiter, but perhaps they don't visit the forum... or even know about it! Anyway, off hand I remember this girl who was into Orbiter.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
And before I let my daughter into the Orbiter forum, I'll have to kill or neuter a few of you blokes here... nothing against you personally, but I'll think you are really bad company. :cheers:

NOTE: If anybody on this forum suddenly disappears without explanation, Urwumpe is the prime suspect! :lol:

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe Salamander uses this Forum as a last ditch effort to pick up girls ! :rofl:

Seriously though, my 13 year old daughter is VERY interested in Astronomy and spaceflight ( thanks to yours truly) and I had a long discussion with her the other night over the dinner table about the composition of gasses in the universe.
Can't say I ever expected to have a conversation like that with my teenage daughter !

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Now there's an interesting dinner conversation. Sounds like you're raising a smart'un, Yoda. :)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can't say I ever expected to have a conversation like that with my teenage daughter !
Or any teenager, really. I always felt alone in a sea of loony snickering $&%-fiends. (After I post this I'll go Urwumpe-proof my doors and windows :shifty:)

Anyway, I'm trying to 'corrupt' my 6-year old sister into liking space and space travel. Sadly, Hannah Montana seems to have cut off all media of education for her. I won't give up, though.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That is quite disrespectful Samuel. There could be lots of females interested in Orbiter, but perhaps they don't visit the forum... or even know about it! Anyway, off hand I remember this girl who was into Orbiter.

No kidding. Sadly, it's this attitude of "there aren't any girls on the internet" (or interested in space, or playing Orbiter, or what have you) that destroys any chance of women being comfortable in these more "techy" realms, which is why we never see it. It's not that they aren't interested or can't do it. We don't let them.

The article this rant is based off was posted on the Ubuntu user forums: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...17/109-OMG-Girlz-Dont-Exist-on-teh-Intarweb-1

</rant> :)

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Now there's an interesting dinner conversation. Sounds like you're raising a smart'un, Yoda. :)

Well, at times I feel I'm (AT AGE 42) the one learning from her .She definatively isn't a "typical" teenager.
With "typical" not assumping that overall teenagers are one way or another.........

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
"There's a lot of irony here... I'll let Salamander explain though."

"Are there any other females using orbiter?"

Could it be Salamander's use of the word other in that sentence?

I was actually contemplating creating a thread asking whether there were any girls on here. Now I don't have to!

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:hello:I'm female - and I use orbiter (sounds vaguely like I'm introducing myself at an AA meeting) - granted I dont DO anything, and I only have it installed so I can get some images of the space craft etc for orbiter store...