OHM OrbiterProcTer 0.1.0

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
this is looking great, is the ground 'solid' i can see you've parked your ship on it so i guess so.
No, unfortunately not. For the picture, I've carefully placed the ship and the astronaut such that they look like they stand on the ground, but the ground is not really solid, so you can still move through it.

Are you planning on adding any objects like rocks, or trees on earth? If you need some objects to test with shoot me a pm with your email address.

That's more like a long-term plan. I've already decided for myself that I'm not going to do atmospheric rendering and clouds (or maybe only in the demo program), and that collision detection (which is needed for 'solid' ground) also needs to be done by external code. First, I'm going to focus on the surface tiles, and then maybe on objects.

I wonder how difficult it would be to use Artlav's collision detection code with OrbiterProcTer instead of Orulex. I think that collision detection with a continuously changing terrain is quite a challenge anyway.

triplepogi2009

Reaction score
UMMU-compatible shovel?
I'd go with CJP's idea...

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

This is a known issue. If this is a serious problem for you, then don't use OrbiterProcTer, until this problem is fixed.

Now that I think of it, I actually know a way how you can fix this:

• Find, in the procter/earth directory, the highest-detail altitude map of the Philippines. I think it is procter/earth/altitude/4/13/7.png
  • Open that file with an image manipulation program. If you have none, I'd recommend the GIMP.
  • Make the location of your base, and the surrounding pixels, black. Make sure it's completely black, not just dark gray.
  • Save the modified image.
I haven't tried it yet; please let me know if it works.
Thanks Dude. And btw, yep, I have Gimp.