TransX Orbits turning into lines instead of ellipses

Rathelm

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Anyway I updated to the newest transx, 3.13, and now for some reason when I use the Delta Glider Cape Canaveral scenario it will give me a line like this for Mars', Neptune's, and Uranus' orbits. Any clues on what causes this or how to fix it? The picture is added for clarity on what I'm talking about.

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Very strange. No idea why. Did the saved scenario have TransX open at the start? If so, then it may be some changes between the save/load methods between 3.10 and 3.13.

Try going back to stage 1, setting the target to 'none' and attempt to go forward to the next stage (this will just clear out the plan and reset TransX). Then start planning it again. If that still doesn't happen, drop me a PM with exactly what you did and screen caps of each stage

pk

Reaction score
Hello
I have the exact same problem with tranx 3.13.
So I did reinstaled completely orbiter 2006 P1 and now the standard tranx give me trouble.

example: If i'm orbiting Earth, on stage 1 I put escape and on stage 2 instead of giving me the planet for target it's giving me also a buntch of moon (phobos, oberon, titania......)

Any idea of what's gooing on

Than's

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
The OP's problem was that he was using the latest Orbiter Beta. Recompiling TransX against the orbiter beta SDK fixed that problem. You can get a version compiled with the beta SDK here.

Hello
I have the exact same problem with tranx 3.13.
So I did reinstaled completely orbiter 2006 P1 and now the standard tranx give me trouble.

example: If i'm orbiting Earth, on stage 1 I put escape and on stage 2 instead of giving me the planet for target it's giving me also a buntch of moon (phobos, oberon, titania......)

Than's
Not sure about this one. It sounds as if your solar system config file (sol.cfg?) is corrupt. Did you install 2006 P1 into a separate directory, or directly over the old (probably corrupt) installation?

pk

Reaction score
Not sure about this one. It sounds as if your solar system config file (sol.cfg?) is corrupt. Did you install 2006 P1 into a separate directory, or directly over the old (probably corrupt) installation?[/quote]

I install it in a new directry

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
The planets have gotten tired of worshiping the sun and have decided to forge their own paths. There's your problem.

Jefft

Reaction score

I get the same thing, and it's not what the OP was getting. What I see in 2006P1 is that all the small moons are not in orbit around their planet, but are a long way away from the solar system at a high speed. Phobos, Diemos, Oberon, Titania, and Triton are all affected. This is with a fresh install of Orbiter (actually, on a fresh install of Windows), with no addons. Note that this one (I'm not sure about the OP's problem) is an orbiter problem, not a transx problem.

It's a pain for me because I've wanted to try landing on Phobos and haven't been able to.

From looking around, it seems as if these small moons are a problem because they use analytic methods to calculate their position, which, possibly, over a long period of time, has caused them to undergo severe accuracy problems.

I haven't got the slightest idea as to how one would go about fixing this.

Last edited: