PDRS development

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I was just going to ask what you wanted to do with the LED's and lights on the A8 panel. So far

My own work plan for A8 is pretty simple currently, as I follow my personal standard procedure.

A) Split VC code and PDRS simulation code.
B) Port VC code to new code base
C) Connect VC code with PDRS simulation code. This could get especially funny as I have a listing of all digital parameters and their format send to the downlist GPC. I made the design of the VC components based on that document, which means, the logic behavior will be realistic.
D) Use panel handling code for making A8 panel optional.

The lights would have to be on a dynamic texture, ideally one which is unique for the A8 panel (for swapping it). Also, I would need a bitmap with the used states for each light. Similar for the LEDs.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Extra button should be visible now (I forgot to update the resource files).

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Extra button should be visible now (I forgot to update the resource files).
The wrist roll animation needs to be updated. Rotating it, causes the End Effector to become disjointed.

Also: is the addition of the RMS Sideview Camera and Elbow camera on the list?

The RMS Sideview Camera essentially looks in the +Z direction rather than in the -X direction like the End Effector camera.

I have attached a photo of the RSC, it's the object mounted to right of the End Effector camera in the photo.

Attachments

• EndEffector_RSC_cams.jpg
    EndEffector_RSC_cams.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 350

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
New grapple/release works great!

I guess the next item on the PDRS list would be implementation of a real capture envelope so that you can't capture the payload unless you're spot on with alignment of the grapple fixture in a true 3D space(End Effector attitude and location must be correct for a successful grapple to occur).

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've updated the code to allow the manual grapple/release mode. I'll take a look at improving the grapple envelope. Also, the wrist roll animation looks normal to me.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've added code to check the EE orientation when grappling. I also fixed a minor bug in the auto grapple/release sequence.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Great work and now I guess the only thing left is get the rest of the A8 panels working, like RMS power need to be "ON" for the RMS to work and RMS select switch to be set to "PORT".

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Found a major bug with the RMS EE grapple point location! It seems to be off with at least 10 cm laterally, causing problems aligning the EE with a grapple fixture on a free-flying object.

I have attached a screenshot of this bug. The red arrow is for the grapple fixture on the HST and the blue arrow is for the RMS EE grapple point. Notice how off it is from the center of the EE?

Attachments

• RMS_grapple_misplaced.jpg
    RMS_grapple_misplaced.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 363

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Did we fix the numbers of the RMS already for the corrected scale?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
For the animations, yes.

Also for inverse kinematics and the attachment point position?

I will move the initial definition of the RMS attachment position anyway to DefineAttachments(), I suspect this value did not get scaled yet.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Also for inverse kinematics and the attachment point position?
Since the IK stuff is working, I would guess that the IK has been scaled but the attachment point position has not.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any news on resolving this bug? With the new grappling fun that SiameseCat has added recently, this is a major pain!

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Bug should be fixed now. The initial attachment point coded was incorrect.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've started work animating the switch covers on PanelA8. The RMS POWER switch cover should be working now. Does anyone know how much the switch covers should rotate when lifted? I'm using 90 degrees at the moment, but that's completely arbitrary.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've started work animating the switch covers on PanelA8. The RMS POWER switch cover should be working now.
Thanks for updating A8 panel code. BTW, the RMS and ET umbilical door animations are dead.

-----Posted Added-----

I've started work animating the switch covers on PanelA8. The RMS POWER switch cover should be working now.
Not working here.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've added some debugging code for the switch covers. If you click on the switch cover of the RMS POWER switch, you should see 'RMS POWER switch cover raised'.
EDIT: The ET umbilical doors seem to work fine. What are the RMS animations you're having problems with?
EDIT2: I see what's happening with the umbilical doors. The animations work, but aren't updated when the scenario is loaded. I'll take a look at this.

-----Posted Added-----

I've fixed the ET Umbilical doors and a few errors in the talkbacks.

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've added some debugging code for the switch covers. If you click on the switch cover of the RMS POWER switch, you should see 'RMS POWER switch cover raised'.
EDIT: The ET umbilical doors seem to work fine. What are the RMS animations you're having problems with?
Cover switch: Not working now either. Could you post a picture of the bounding box of the switch and cover where it recoginizes a mouse event?

RMS animations: All of them. The ROLLOUT parameter is in-effective and if you move the RMS, the visuals are not updated, the arm remains cradled in the MPMs.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here's a rough drawing of the bounding box. Basically, clicking anywhere on the switch cover should work.
RMS POWER.JPG

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here's a rough drawing of the bounding box. Basically, clicking anywhere on the switch cover should work.
Still isn't working. The code just isn't reacting to my mouse clicks.