Error Problem with oapiReadItem_string

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I found an issue with oapiReadItem_string. Is this a known issue? Can someone replicate it? (Maybe I'm doing something wrong?) Thanks.

If I use oapiReadItem_string to scan a file for the tag "HUD", and this file does not contain the tag "HUD", but contains the tag "HUDMode", the function reads "HUDMode" and returns true, instead of returning false.

Last edited:

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I can confirm it is a known behaviour. I just make sure that I don't have string patterns that will generate such matches. So instead of using:
Code:
HUD
HUDMode
HUDUnits
I would use:
Code:
HUDData
HUDMode
HUDUnits

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Oh i see. The problem is I am reading from the keymap.cfg, and it has "HUD", as well as "HUDMode". Maybe I'll have to resort to another method for reading the file.
Thanks.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Oh i see. The problem is I am reading from the keymap.cfg, and it has "HUD", as well as "HUDMode". Maybe I'll have to resort to another method for reading the file.
Thanks.
Could you try also reading the space after it? (or even more if necessary)

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Worst-case you can always use the Win32 API file functions to read the file you want directly; e.g., CreateFile, ReadFile, etc. That would be a bit more work because you'd have to parse the lines yourself, but then you could scan the file exactly like you want to.

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I will check those suggestions. Luckily the only tag in the keymap that would cause the problem is the HUD tag.