Problem Problems with exporting textures in Anim8or.

fort

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode
q.gif
...Also still can't find Vinka's msh tool...

Anim8orto3ds2msh - zatnikitelman
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3397"]Anim8orto3ds2msh[/ame]

3DS2Mesh win interface - Mustard
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3941"]3DS2Mesh win interface[/ame]

Attachments

• anim8or_3ds2msh.zip
    323.3 KB · Views: 5

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I notice from satellite views and one photo I can find, that they've apparently built two new hangars to the north of the main one, since I left Lancaster, that are also both substantial size, but I can't tell vertical height. I can, however, notice the shadows they're casting in the satellite maps. So that should tell me the approximate vertical distance. (The smaller buildings I think I'll leave be for now.) I'm going to add these two buildings and then send the over to Martin.

Thanks to everyone who's helped!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Btw Martin, the east end of Runway 07-25 is REALLY bumpy.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I just did a practice run with the main hangar in the scenario. Took off on runway 25, made a right turn over Quartz Hill toward Lancaster, another right turn over Lancaster out to Lake L.A. and then turned back around to line up with the runway for a touch and go landing. (They do a lot of touch and go practice there.) That's when I found out how bumpy the 25 end of the runway was. :blink: But the scenario didn't crash whenever Site 10 was in frame, which was what I was testing.

I also saved two scenarios for inclusion in the next release: One on the east end of the runway, and one lined up for landing. :)

---------- Post added 12-04-16 at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-03-16 at 10:27 PM ----------

This is my best guestimate for the size and positions of the other two large hangars. I'm seeing if some of my local friends can get me some photographs of them for me.

15230820_10208392742918283_4638248091085192714_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Thanks to Google Streetview (why didn't I think of that before?), I have a new reference image for the Site 10 complex! I should have this finished in no time.

15267880_10208400313867552_1119757667658016737_n.jpg

I'm also considering adding the Air Route Traffic Control Center, on the south side of the Plant, and as an Easter egg, BJ's Corner. (AV aerospace geeks will know where/what that is.)

Last edited:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For some reason I'm still getting random crashes. I've learned quite a lot in the past few weeks, and I'm not in any hurry... I think I'm going to rebuild the hangars from the ground up and see if I can make them more stable.

---------- Post added 12-08-16 at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-07-16 at 10:47 PM ----------

I'm working on hangar #1 now, rebuilding it from scratch, then I'll rebuild #2. I'm thinking it might be overlapping meshes or something stupid like that, that's causing the crashes.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My computer blue screened today. Fortunately came back up but it's the same error that had me down for a month, a couple of months back. I'm working on pushing my files to the cloud in case the computer takes a total dump on me again.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Saved everything to OneDrive for now. If I go down, the addon will be delayed but at least my work is safe on the cloud.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Progress report: Computer seems to have survived somehow. Now I just need to survive this nasty cold.

I've got hangars 2 and 3 and BJ's Corner fixed. Going to start to rebuild hangar 1after I get over my cold. Then I'll send it to Martin.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This project is not dead, but is on temporary hold as I've been having stability problems with my home system. (Not a necropost, it's my own damn thread. :p)

Currently, I have the two smaller hangars in place, one of them textured, and BJ's Corner is working. I was working on rebuilding the largest hangar, which is causing CTDs, when I started having larger computer issues.

I will keep you all posted when there is future progress on this. I'll eventually be sending Martin a copy to add to his addon.