Problems with graphics/models

stonedzen

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums so I hope this isnt an ignorant question/issue... if it is Im sorry ahead of time.

I used to have orbiter over a year ago and just reinstalled it last week. However, unlike the last time I had it, many of the ships in game have, for lack of a better word, transparent sections to the model. For example, when I open the nose cone of the delta glider I can see all the way through the ship, instead of seeing the airlock like I used to. The stock delta also has large rectangular sections of the wings that are transparent at certain angles. Also, the DeltaXR1's scram section on the underside of the ship is transparent all the time making the forward hover engine always visible. Oh, the DeltaIV also has no visible covers to any animated section of the ship (meaning you can see the gear when they are up, you can see the antenna when it isnt deployed, and the small panel on the side are missing)

In addition to all this, I see shadows of contrails of all ships, but the smoke itself is not visible (with the only exception being smoke from hover engines of the deltaIV and vanguard)

Lastly, flame at full throttle on the Vanguard and Apollo(NASSP) flickers in and out of sight when the RCS is in use. Only one engine's flame on each ship remains visible all the time.

I installed a new graphics card since the last time I had orbiter, but I hardly believe the upgrade is causing the problem. I have reinstalled 3 times with no luck.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Almost every ship I put in game has at least one very annoying visual issue.

FYI: the video card I installed is a Radeon ATI HD 3850

Thanks again, and please forgive this extremely long post.

stonedzen

Reaction score
I thought i did, but upon fresh install of lastest ati drivers, all the above problems were fixed. Thanks Master of Blades... I feel like a total genius right now :S

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Don't you love it when the solutions are simple?

There have been a lot of sweet add ons made over the last year, so you're in for a treat!

Congrats on fixing the problem.

:cheers: