Question Problems with MFD for moon transfer

Lostinspace

Reaction score
Hi. Ive watched upteen youtube videos and read tutorials etc. I am able to launch and get a stable orbit, but, heres where im stuck. I do not have a useable list from the TGT menu (eg: cannot choose earth-moon, as in the glider tutorial). Also I have read articles on MFDs which are not standard but have no idea which ones i need.
Any help greatfully received.
The version I use is 2010 (100830)

Regards
Stuart

Last edited by a moderator:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
What is it that you are trying to accomplish, Earth-Moon transfer?

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Lostinspace

Reaction score
Yes, initially at least. I have followed the tutorial "DG to the moon" a couple of times and i noticed that when I attempt to bring up Earth-moon on the TGT list I am unable to as they are greyed out, this is the case on every occasion. Therefore I can capture the moons orbit but cannot orbit the moon

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
When during the tutorial are you trying to do this, and on which MFD?

The "DG to the moon" tutorial is a playback; are you just watching it, or are you trying to mimic the playback on your own?

You've said you can get to orbit... From the OrbitMFD, you should be able to select the moon as a target. When that happens you should see the Earth (and your own ships) orbit designation shrink to the center of the MFD and the moon and her orbit will be a big yellow circle.

Once you've aligned planes, transferMFD will allow you to select the Moon as a target (as a celestial body). From there it's just a matter of waiting until the time for the ejection burn.

Last edited:

Lostinspace

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Having taken a note of your suggestion I have finally put 2 and 2 together, feel like a dummy now but never mind. :)