Project Apollo Nassp not working

astronauthen96

Reaction score
i tried installing the project apollo nassp add on but when i try to activiate the modules i get these messages

the procedure entry point ?oapisurfaceelevation@@yanpaxnn@z
could not be located in the dynamic link library orbiter.exe

the procedure entry point ?clbknavprocess@vessel4@@uaehh@z

and i have tried reinstalling orbiter and it still doesnt work and i have tried both versions of nassp v7 and v8 and none of them seem to work

and this is on orbiter 2010

goForTLI

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Which nassp release are you using?Depending on the release and you better use orbiter 2016 instead of orbiter 2010 (I already had this problem that was solved when I moved to orbiter 2016):thumbup:

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Which nassp release are you using?Depending on the release and you better use orbiter 2016 instead of orbiter 2010 (I already had this problem that was solved when I moved to orbiter 2016):thumbup:

The current release version is NASSP 7.0 for Orbiter 2010. This version won't work with Orbiter 2016.

The current unstable alpha releases for NASSP 8.0 can be found on Github. They are for Orbiter 2016 only. The errors you were getting are probably happening if you try to use NASSP 8.0 Alpha with Orbiter 2010.

rockettony101

Reaction score
Which nassp release are you using?Depending on the release and you better use orbiter 2016 instead of orbiter 2010 (I already had this problem that was solved when I moved to orbiter 2016)👍

I am having the same trouble that he is having and I am on 2016 and the latest version.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Its weird, on my old computer it worked great and on the one that I am using it will not work no matter what I do.

So to confirm, you definitely have Orbiter BETA (Either from the SVN repo, or the mirror)

And for "Latest Version" that would be this?:

1709614906147.png

Can you post your Orbiter.log file please

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
If I said I did that means I did.

We more than willing to help you work on this issue to solve it.

It is very common for new users to be tripped up by the installation process. This is by far the biggest source of errors, and is also the topic of the thread, especially with the different versions of Orbiter (2010, 2016, beta, OpenOrbiter) and NASSP (6.4.2, 7.0, 8.0 Beta) out there. You did mention you were using Orbiter 2016.

I really need more details to be able to help you (logs, details about your new computer, what kind of errors you're getting, whether or not non-nassp scenerios work, etc,) the best I can do is ask you what you've tried, or wish you luck in troubleshooting yourself.

rockettony101

Reaction score
We more than willing to help you work on this issue to solve it.

It is very common for new users to be tripped up by the installation process. This is by far the biggest source of errors, and is also the topic of the thread, especially with the different versions of Orbiter (2010, 2016, beta, OpenOrbiter) and NASSP (6.4.2, 7.0, 8.0 Beta) out there. You did mention you were using Orbiter 2016.

I really need more details to be able to help you (logs, details about your new computer, what kind of errors you're getting, whether or not non-nassp scenerios work, etc,) the best I can do is ask you what you've tried, or wish you luck in troubleshooting yourself.
I am not new to using NASSP and never had a problem installing it until I got this pc. You guys have stated that you can not install NASSP 8.0 on Orbiter 2016 But I made a tutorials on YouTube of me showing how to install NASSP 8.0 to the standard version for orbiter 2016.
When I said If (I said I did that means I did.) I was not trying to be negative or rude as my meaning for it is to be purely reinsurance purposes only and I do not appreciate the negative accusations you are throwing at me and I would appreciate that you practice of which you preach.

As stated before, I have been using Orbiter since 2015 and NASSP 8.0 two years after. Like stated before I am by no means new to this and have had no issues with NASSP 8.0 until I got this pc which is a HP Pavilion and the other PCs I had installed NASSP on were Both Asus.

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I am not new to using NASSP and never had a problem installing it until I got this pc. You guys have stated that you can not install NASSP 8.0 on Orbiter 2016 But I made a tutorials on YouTube of me showing how to install NASSP 8.0 to the standard version for orbiter 2016.
When I said If (I said I did that means I did.) I was not trying to be negative or rude as my meaning for it is to be purely reinsurance purposes only and I do not appreciate the negative accusations you are throwing at me and I would appreciate that you practice of which you preach.

As stated before, I have been using Orbiter since 2015 and NASSP 8.0 two years after. Like stated before I am by no means new to this and have had no issues with NASSP 8.0 until I got this pc which is a HP Pavilion and the other PCs I had installed NASSP on were Both Asus.

The earlier posts in this thread have some info from different users and were definitely a mix-up between versions. Since that's the easiest problem to fix, it's the best place to start.

I am genuinely trying to help. No one is trying to accuse you of anything negative. I've been Orbiter since 2006, and if I posted that a particular addon or a new install wasn't working, I would hope someone would ask me questions that I might not have thought of.

The reason that I am asking you questions is so that I have the information I need to help you.

• Are you getting the error in the title post of this thread, or is it something different:
the procedure entry point ?oapisurfaceelevation@@yanpaxnn@z

the procedure entry point ?clbknavprocess@vessel4@@uaehh@z

• Does Orbiter work at all on your new computer, or is it just NASSP scenarios that crash?
  • Can you post your Orbiter.log file from one of the crashes, or tell us if there are any errors in it?

The reason you cannot use NASSP with Orbiter 2016, is that Orbiter 2016 has a bug which will prevent you from performing any burns with docked vessels (with varying degrees inaccuracy, some rather extreme). This thread has details of the bug, that Martins fixed in the Beta version we recommend. https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/moments-of-inertia-of-two-docked-vessels.35383/#post-541246 . Yes, it is very likely that NASSP still installs and works on Orbiter 2016, but since the vast majority of our user-base uses Beta, that's what we have the most information, and the best ability to provide feedback about.

rockettony101

Reaction score
The earlier posts in this thread have some info from different users and were definitely a mix-up between versions. Since that's the easiest problem to fix, it's the best place to start.

I am genuinely trying to help. No one is trying to accuse you of anything negative. I've been Orbiter since 2006, and if I posted that a particular addon or a new install wasn't working, I would hope someone would ask me questions that I might not have thought of.

The reason that I am asking you questions is so that I have the information I need to help you.

• Are you getting the error in the title post of this thread, or is it something different:

• Does Orbiter work at all on your new computer, or is it just NASSP scenarios that crash?
  • Can you post your Orbiter.log file from one of the crashes, or tell us if there are any errors in it?

The reason you cannot use NASSP with Orbiter 2016, is that Orbiter 2016 has a bug which will prevent you from performing any burns with docked vessels (with varying degrees inaccuracy, some rather extreme). This thread has details of the bug, that Martins fixed in the Beta version we recommend. https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/moments-of-inertia-of-two-docked-vessels.35383/#post-541246 . Yes, it is very likely that NASSP still installs and works on Orbiter 2016, but since the vast majority of our user-base uses Beta, that's what we have the most information, and the best ability to provide feedback about.

Number one yes that person was indeed accusing me of being rude, please read what he has posted again. As vaguely stated (should of added that orbiter 2016 works fine on my HP) Orbiter 2016 works fine on my new PC.

This is the warning it keeps popping up with
The procedure entry point ?_writeLogError@@YAXPBDOHOZZ could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Users\tony\OneDrive\Desktop\Orbiter2016(1)Modules\ProjectApollo\Saturn.dll.In the past of running NASSP it would say that after crashing, Now it will launch but with no vehicles.

You mention there is issues with doing burns in 2016 and I can conclude that I only had one issue with doing burns in 2016 on apollo 11 and it was on me, every burn except that one was nominal.

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Number one yes that person was indeed accusing me of being rude, please read what he has posted again. As vaguely stated (should of added that orbiter 2016 works fine on my HP) Orbiter 2016 works fine on my new PC.

This is the warning it keeps popping up with
The procedure entry point ?_writeLogError@@YAXPBDOHOZZ could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Users\tony\OneDrive\Desktop\Orbiter2016(1)Modules\ProjectApollo\Saturn.dll.In the past of running NASSP it would say that after crashing, Now it will launch but with no vehicles.

You mention there is issues with doing burns in 2016 and I can conclude that I only had one issue with doing burns in 2016 on apollo 11 and it was on me, every burn except that one was nominal.

That error is coming from this function:

1709872229617.png

This function was added to Orbiter here: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threa...it-r-71-oct-14-2017.33387/page-25#post-509840

That function does not exist in Orbiter 2016. Since this was added in Version 2177 in December 2023, you would need to use https://github.com/orbiternassp/NASSP/releases/tag/NASSP-V8.0-Beta-Orbiter2016-2176 or a prior release if you don't want to use Orbiter Beta R90.

There may be other things like this, because we do not develop for comparability with Orbiter 2016. We have been developing and testing with Orbiter Beta as the target for 6-7 years now. Docked DPS burns (Apollo 9) will not work with Orbiter 2016, which is why we switched in 2017.

rockettony101

Reaction score
That error is coming from this function:

View attachment 37157

This function was added to Orbiter here: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threa...it-r-71-oct-14-2017.33387/page-25#post-509840

That function does not exist in Orbiter 2016. Since this was added in Version 2177 in December 2023, you would need to use https://github.com/orbiternassp/NASSP/releases/tag/NASSP-V8.0-Beta-Orbiter2016-2176 or a prior release if you don't want to use Orbiter Beta R90.

There may be other things like this, because we do not develop for comparability with Orbiter 2016. We have been developing and testing with Orbiter Beta as the target for 6-7 years now. Docked DPS burns (Apollo 9) will not work with Orbiter 2016, which is why we switched in 2017.
Still doin the same thing on this pc I will do it with another pc.