OHM PTK NP Spacecraft

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Scenario 1 crashes after ignition of the Launch Escape System (~200 sec in flight)
Here is the Orbiter.log data, if the may help:
**** WARNING: Mesh not found: .\Meshes\.msh
**** WARNING: Mesh not found: .\Meshes\.msh
>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: Stage
>>> [Vessel::OpenConfigFile | .\Vessel.cpp | 252]
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> TERMINATING <<<

Make sure you've installed the meshes into right folder.

stealthstar

Reaction score
Awesome addon!

This is a nice capsule ship that Russia should make to replace the aging Soyuz program. It looks very roomy on the inside and flies pretty well in space. There are however some physics issues I noticed like how the engines on the bottom of the capsule can actually lift it off of the ground even on earths surface which I doubt they are that powerful. Those engines are mostly there to help slow down the descent when it's close to landing. I like how little is required for this addon. It's very easy to get working and all scenarios load like they are supposed to. Are you planing on upgrading the textures and VR cockpit controls someday? It be would nice to have full control of the screens without having to switch camera views and the parachute deployment could use some work but by far this is one of my favorite addons yet. Thanks.:thumbup:

Last edited:

romanasul

Reaction score
The engines on the re-entry module are supposed to be powerful as they fire for a only a split second just before touchdown and they are designed to slow the impact velocity to as close to zero as possible. As an example the solid fuel engines on the Soyuz TMA SA are designed to fire only 1 metre from touchdown and reduce the touchdown speed to only 1.4 m/s so you can imagine they provide thrust in the hundreds of Kilonewtons (much more powerful than the actual orbital engine).