Question Question regarding Jarvis 3.0 DLL and Antares

cale1970

Reaction score
Hi All,

After finally figuring out how to get my laptop to work with Orbiter (using the D3D9 Client Server), I've downloaded this amazing sim again, and am really enjoying working with the Jarvis/Antares addons.

My question is regarding which versions of the Jarvis launchers will support the Antares spacecraft. It works with the B and M launchers, but when I try to edit the scenario files to add Antares to the H launcher, it doesn't seem to work.

I did RTFM, just want to find out if there are limitations as to which launchers will support Antares.

Thanks as always for any assistance provided :)

Best,

Cale

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Cale, sorry for late answer, I just noticed this post!

I'm going by memory and some years has passed, but IRC the default procedure for adding Antares works only with JM and JB, while with JS you can add the Delphinus.

If you want you can add it "by hand" as a payload I think, but abort procedures won't work.

This is because the original authors of FOI of Jarvis and Antares designed them specifically for those configurations (Antares + JM for Long Range and Antares + JB for short range) and I didn't want to modify anything of the original design, but just code the jarvis properly with their approval.

Hope this clears up! Cheers
Fred

cale1970

Reaction score
Hello Fred,

Many thanks for the reply! I did re-read the Antares manual this morning and noticed that the Antares SR should launch on top of the Jarvis L lifter. When I get home tonight, I am going to try altering the .SCN file for a Jarvis L launch to see if that works.

I've already done an Earth-Moon-Earth flight on the Jarvis M. This is an absolutely fantastic add-on. Congrats and thank you for your hard work :)

Best,

Cale

cale1970

Reaction score
Hi Fred,

Just wondering, is there any special trick to get the Jarvis 3.0 dll version to work in Orbiter 2016? I can get the scenario to start up, but I get a CTD as soon as I switch to cockpit view.

Thanks!

Cale

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi cal, actually there is no way at the moment: jarvis 3.0 is compiled against orbiter 2010p1 libraries and cannot work in orbiter 2016. Sometimes ago the point came out and the original author of jarvis rocket let intend that he would have liked to be the one to update the jarvis for the new orbiter using multistage2015. I think that for now you can use the jarvis multistage version in the new orbiter using multistage2015 (which has a dedicated version for the new orbiter). You will not have many features, but the rocket will fly!

cale1970

Reaction score
Hi Fred,

No worries, thanks for the quick reply! I've installed both versions of Orbiter on my brand-new laptop....so I'll just keep flying Jarvis 3.0 in the 2010 version ;)

cale1970

Reaction score
Hi Fred,

One more question. Working with Jarvis 3.0 in Orbiter 2010. I'm trying to insert some custom payloads to the Jarvis H/M, but they are oriented sideways rather than straight up. Is there a line in the config file I can add that would rotate the mesh?

Thanks,

Cale

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nope, i learned how to rotate payloads just with multistage2015. Perhaps there are tricks that can be used, like with ghost payloads. If you want help i can try to see if i can be of assistance.

cale1970

Reaction score
I may try to do this with Quasar. What is the config line I would add to rotate the mesh?

In a nutshell, I am trying to add either the Phoenix Lunar Lander (downloaded from Dansteph's site) or the Altair lunar lander to a Jarvis or Quasar stack. When I try to do so in the Jarvis 3.0 dll, the mesh shows up, but it's sideways. Am wondering if because both vessels use hover engines? I have to admit I'm a bit of a novice at this.

Thanks for any advice you may have!

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
for multistage2015 vehicles page 16 of the manual, payload section:
Code:
Rotation=(xx,yy,zz)   [degrees] rotation of payload around the three axis

I'll think if there is a way to do it with jarvis anyway, let me see and I'll get back

cale1970

Reaction score
Hi Fred,

It worked for Quasar (using Multistage2015), I saw that in the manual. I guess, worst-case scenario, I could use the non-DLL version of the Jarvis rockets. Trying to put together a group of missions (Torricelli to lunar orbit, followed by a lunar lander, then Antares).

BTW, were you still looking for beta-testers for the 3.0 version of Antares? Would love to try that out ;)

Thanks,

Cale