Question Question using senario editor with ISS fleet

Turbo

Reaction score
Basically I am trying to just add in an ISS to some Shuttle Launch senarios to practice on getting there from Earth. The problem I have is that after I add in the ISS fleet station, it is thrown into some crazy orbit that is like 700Km above Earth. Im just wondering if anyone can help me set it to an acceptable orbit something like the real ISS using the scenario editor? Please let me know if this is possible. Im still relatively new to using the scenario editor, mainly just used the included senarios. Thanks

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it a circular orbit? If so, just lower its semi-major axis with the editor until it's at a reasonable altitude. If not, set the eccentricity to 0.0something and then have at the SmA.

Play around with these things, and it will come to you. :)

Turbo

Reaction score
Is it a circular orbit? If so, just lower its semi-major axis with the editor until it's at a reasonable altitude. If not, set the eccentricity to 0.0something and then have at the SmA.

Play around with these things, and it will come to you. :)

Thank you very much. Ill give it a try.

Update: That helps get it to an acceptable Alt. However the accual Orbit still seems too extreme for a space shuttle. Im going to try an copy the variants from another senarios ISS and use them in my own and see how it reacts.

--------------------------------------------------------

Last Update: I just wanted to post another update, incase of any new Orbinauts who might see this thread in the future. Ive found it alot easier to just edit the senarios .scn file using notepad, instead of using the senario editor to insert your own ISS. You can search the forums here for a precise position to copy into your scenario. Thanks to all who helped me.

Last edited: