Yes.

Assuming you have the ISS_HD already installed:

Go to the Config/Vessels folder
Rename the ISS.cfg to a backup file, like ISS.cfg.bak

Rename the ISS_HD.cfg to ISS.cfg

Done.

chevelle505

Reaction score
ok scratch that...Didnt work...renamed as suggested but it still shows up as the stock ISS. Then i went so far as to remove the origional ISS.cfg file out of the vessels folder altogether and renamed ISS_HD to ISS, and somehow I STILL have the stock ISS?? How in the world can i have the stock iss if the config isnt even in the orbiter folder at all? that perplexed me, at any rate..is there a missing step or perhaps more files that require renaming ? Just FYI...If I Just do a fresh install of the HD ISS It works in the scenario it came with, so its not an install issue, just trying to redirect the game to Use the HD In place of the stock ISS In ALL scenarios.

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Ah, sorry this was for the very old ISS.
The one currently used in Orbiter default is the "ProjectAlpha_ISS".

Same routine:
Rename the config to ProjectAlpha_ISS.cfg.bak

Rename the ISS_HD.cfg to ProjectAlpha_ISS.cfg

Last edited:

chevelle505

Reaction score
THATS it, got it!! LOL thanks a lot man! On my way to the ISS in the shuttle..I was curious if you could tell me what the “He TANK P” fuel is for..I seem to be burning through it although i haven’t used the OMS engines since my OMS2 burn and the thought the rcs fuel quantity is on the overhead. What is this fuel for? I’m running low and wondering if it will affect my re entry if I run out if it’s not for OMS, RCS..also, APU Is off.IMG_6093.jpeg

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
THATS it, got it!! LOL thanks a lot man! On my way to the ISS in the shuttle..I was curious if you could tell me what the “He TANK P” fuel is for..I seem to be burning through it although i haven’t used the OMS engines since my OMS2 burn and the thought the rcs fuel quantity is on the overhead. What is this fuel for? I’m running low and wondering if it will affect my re entry if I run out if it’s not for OMS, RCS..also, APU Is off.
The OMS/RCS isn't properly implemented at the moment so you can disregard much of it. OMS He TK P is the actual OMS helium tank pressure as measured in PSI. N2 is the same but for the OMS nitrogen tanks. Pc is the chamber pressure of the OMS engines as measured in percent. The Aft RCS has its own propellant tanks, same for the Forward RCS. All systems are independent of each other.

chevelle505

Reaction score
Ok, so running out on He TANK P won’t really matter then at the present? I have noticed for the least 3 days on orbit it’s steadily dropping. Does the RCS Fuel (left and right) on the overhead panel have any accuracy at all? My concern in a nutshell is leaving the DAP in auto for a 2 week mission and running out of fuel for the rcs by the time I need attitude control through Re entry.