reentry heading and others...

Matte

Reaction score
hi orbinauts.
1) i've now flown almost AMSO missions successfully, but there is one last thing i keep doing wrong; it is my reentry heading.
for example, hystorical Apollo 15 flight reentry was occurred with an heading of 52°, meaning 38° of equatorial inclination (am i right??).
now, using AMSO and IMFD 5.1 i was not able to find any value to modify to obtain the correct heading. can anyone explain me how to do it please?

2) what is the difference betweern standard IMFD and the one using Apollo P30 algorithm?

3) using Base Approach feature in IMFD 5.1 which is the difference between "Reentry" and "Reentry (Old)" voice?

thanks for your time.
bye
Matte

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I haven't tryed AMSO yet myself, but surely someone else here has?

richard1967

Reaction score
Hi ive got amso 1.17. IMFD 5.1 I can get into a lunur orbit but not a very good one. The green line that shows on the orbit insert as a perfecr circle. First i did the base approach align then i did the orbit circulisation within amaso 1.17. Dont ask me why lol i then get into the lem then undock i bet your saying well done. Well i did the doi burn then i tried the pdi burn it keeps saying invalid window i tried a base approach burn again. Then try it again keeps saying invalid window i set the appolo spacecraft up to the free return tutorial then as i get close to the moon within soi i set the alt for 20k. And even left it at 115k in the base approach then i do the burn for base approach then set up for orbit insert still get the same results. I must not be at the correct alt not sure how to do it please help............... Plus can anyone advise when to launch from the ground as this causes problems from time to time please help as i realy love this sim but my brain power must not be that good to take in lol.