Problem Rendezvous with ORBTGT MFD

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I ve been using this wonderful tool since a while: it works perfect using the demo scenarios included since, I beleive, they use real (actual) state vectors.
Problems for me come when I start a mission from launch: I try to reach a pre NCC "state" according to the official FDF documents by performing a series of NC buns in order to bring the shuttle two orbits away from my desired rendezvous at about 80/90 km behind the ISS and with a PeA and ApA respectively 15 Km and 1/2 Km below the ISS ones. FROM THIS POINT i use TGTORB MFD to automatically perform the subsequent rendezvous burns.
Problem is that in some cases it works well where as in some other I have abnormally high DV's for the burns or, even worse, I won t be able to reach rendezvous with the station...
Any tips on what would be a safe and correct procedure in order to succesfully use this MFD?

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
First of all, wow, the creator of the Shuttle Fleet was inspired by my little lua script to make this MFD. I just learned about that :lol:

The timing of the NCC and TI burns is important. The MFD uses the time of the next apoapsis as the time for the TI burn. The timing of the whole rendezvous procedure is derived from that. So make sure you just passed your apoapsis, where you have performed the last NC burn, when you begin using the MFD. With 80-90km behind the vehicle and just below or equal to your target you should be fine.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes man! we owe you and David413 huge credit for giving us such a nice rendezvous tool.
Thanks for your tip, I will keep that in my mind for the next mission.

THANK YOU:thumbup: