API Question Rotating Entire Mesh

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to rotate an entire mesh after creating it?

The easiest thing would be to create an animation that works on the entire mesh. The problem with this is that, if you need other animations, all the groups in the mesh that aren't being animated have to be listed when creating the rotation animation. I've also looked at the MeshgroupTransform function, but this has to be called every time the visual is created/destroyed.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Is there an easy way to rotate an entire mesh after creating it?

The easiest thing would be to create an animation that works on the entire mesh. The problem with this is that, if you need other animations, all the groups in the mesh that aren't being animated have to be listed when creating the rotation animation. I've also looked at the MeshgroupTransform function, but this has to be called every time the visual is created/destroyed.

After its been created? yeah [nomedia="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2740"]Mesh Wizard 1.9d[/nomedia]

Does everything :cheers:

Edit:
oh wait I thought you meant the mesh file, do you mean in a .dll? AFAIK you would have to rotate everything one at a time...

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant within Orbiter itself (because I need 2 copies of the mesh, but facing in different directions.)

Ashaman42

Reaction score
If you don't need to see the mesh rotating could you not make a second copy rotated in Mesh Wizard and only display one or the other at a time?

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That works (and it's what we're doing), but you have to redo the rotated mesh every time the mesh is changed. It would be a lot simpler if you could just specify a rotation angle the way you do an offset when adding the mesh.