Question Should I make a vessel for my first add-on?

Washingtonian

Military Brat
Reaction score
Hello fellows, I'm trying to plan building the Taurus series of rockets developed by Orbital Sciences, and probably make the launch pad 576 aligned with Kyle's Vandenberg AFB surface textures.

However, I've been wondering if I should do this for my first add-on or if I should do something more easier before doing this project.

Anyway, can anyone give me an answer. Also, is it okay to have someone else co-developing?

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
You know, I've been planning to update my base with an updated range of launch pads but I've never gotten around to it because of college (I even have a thread for development). That would be quite awesome if you were to work on the launch pads for the Taurus at VAFB.

Washingtonian

Military Brat
Reaction score
You know, I've been planning to update my base with an updated range of launch pads but I've never gotten around to it because of college (I even have a thread for development). That would be quite awesome if you were to work on the launch pads for the Taurus at VAFB.

Link to the thread?

Also, I might be planning to go to Vandenberg AFB in the Summer and take a tour around LC-576-E. Might get enough photos to model the launch site accurately.

Also, there's several types of Taurus rockets and I don't know if I can model them all. Also, I might make it compatible to put any payload in it but I don't know how.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you think you can handle it, there's no better way to learn than by doing. Sometimes, you just have to jump in, try something, fix anything that's wrong and try again!

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
A pad is "easy". Simply model it and export it.
Then is a simple job of using Orbiter Base Maker to help you line the mesh with the terrain.
Of course, there will be problems, but you will sort them out :thumbup:

A vessel is more complicated, because it has to fly, not only appear on the required place.
So I'd say go for the pad first, then try to add your rocket.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com