Shuttle-A Help

davidweb

Reaction score
Hi again :)

So I've got docking, zero-atmosphere landing, Mars and Earth landings, and Earth to Mars trips down. Now I'm trying to figure out the Shuttle-A. Here are the things taht I am trying to do and have as of yet been unable to figure out:

1. Keyboard shortcuts for moving the center engines and for engaging and shutting them off?
2. How to add or remove cargo? What i'd like to do is take off from Earth with little if any cargo (so I can achieve orbit and still get to the moon), then get to Brighton Beach, pick up some stuff and take it to Mars...

Thanks to all in advance for helping me out with this! :)

Cheers
David

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
There are two ways I have figured out how to attach cargo. On the ground, lower yourself onto it and engage the cargo locks, and in orbit, use RCS to move into one, and again, engage the cargo locks. I haven't tried to use a Mmu to grapple one yet. I don't know if there are grapple points on Shuttle-A cargo pods like there are on DGIV cargoes.

davidweb

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks so much!

That's pretty much what I was thinking ... about simply lowering onto it.

Now I'm only left with whether there are keyboard shortcuts to engage and disengage the middle thrusters...

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
AFAIK there is no such shortcut. So controlling pods is as awkward as trying to controll left and right engine thrust manualy - you can do it only via panel.

Also Shuttle-A is my favorite craft (aside from realistic ones and shuttlePB, wich is just crazy) so I glad you are interested in it too.
And I hate "Shuttle-A luanch" missions - sure A class is scifi vessel, but reaching LEO for such construction.. Way too unreal for me. Also the whole "fixed center of mass" stuff is just weird. I guess I know what add-on I will publish first :)

Fisherman

Reaction score
Now I'm only left with whether there are keyboard shortcuts to engage and disengage the middle thrusters...

I know this is an old post but I was looking for the same thing. The new Shuttle-A is great. Is there a way for me to add those shortcuts?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but I was looking for the same thing. The new Shuttle-A is great. Is there a way for me to add those shortcuts?

Shouldn't be too hard. I'm not familiar with ShuttleA's internals, but there must be some sort of rotatePod method, which can be called from an entry in clbkConsumeDirectKey. If no one else nabs it, I can take a look in about six hours. Which keys do you have in mind?

Fisherman

Reaction score
Shouldn't be too hard. I'm not familiar with ShuttleA's internals, but there must be some sort of rotatePod method, which can be called from an entry in clbkConsumeDirectKey. If no one else nabs it, I can take a look in about six hours. Which keys do you have in mind?

I don't know. It should be keys which aren't used for standard things.

Last night I used the base land auto pilot and watched from the tower at BB. Very cool. I'd never come in that fast manually. I like the Shuttle-A more now that it can handle people and cargo.