Problem Shuttle Fleet has destroyed my Orbiter install, WARNING!

Javiatrix

Reaction score
Hi all,

Installed Shuttle Fleet and was prompted to overwrite a few bits which is expected with new installs. It has completely ruined my install - all surface textures are now entirely missing, and when the player vessel is moving relative to the surface, FPS drops to around 1 fps.

I HAVE PERFORMED 2 CLEAN INSTALLS OF ORBITER SINCE, AND FOR SOME REASON EVEN THIS ISN'T FIXING THE PROBLEM!

It appears that the Shuttle Fleet file has somehow changed the directories themselves, as there is no other explanation for a fresh install not solving the problem.

Genuinely have no idea how to proceed from here, but please, please avoid this file as it appears to have become corrupted somehow!

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Specifics ? Like your OS ?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh. Yes SF messes with the cfg. If you have another orbiter. Use its cfg.

Javiatrix

Reaction score
Oh. Yes SF messes with the cfg. If you have another orbiter. Use its cfg.

I've manually deleted everything Orbiter related and re-downloaded the initial installer as well as all Hi-Res textures and the problem remains.

I'm running Windows 10 and using the Server launcher. That's another thing - when trying to launch with the regular launcher, I just get a dialog box showing the components that are loaded, then the sound starts but I'm left only with a frozen dialog box. This is with d3d9. Turned off, the usual splash loading screen appears, sound appears, and loading screen freezes.

These problems occurred immediately after installing SF, there were no other variables involved...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Be sure you really understand how Orbiter works first. I mean the environment, file extensions and what they are used for (.cfg / .scn / .dll ...) The documentation of course isn't perfect but still is quite extensive.

Also where have you downloaded Shuttle Fleet ? That would be useful information.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Isn't Shuttle Fleet for Orbiter 2006? It's quite old.

STS 2016 or SSV are better modern alternatives. Unless you're specifically trying to use an old version of Orbiter.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
And yeah there's that too : which version of Orbiter are you using ?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes SF really is for 2010 or 2006. STS2016 uses meshes,..... from SF. But it clear about the cfg.