Songs to listen to while flying

kneejo

Astronut
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
being an old-time u2-fan I'd recommend their first couple of albums, up untill it get's poppy.. somehow, nice synchronicities happen with words in the lyrics. (even better results with atmospheric flights)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For you Pink Floyd fans: Have I got something for you!

There's this group called Radio Massacre International that's well-known in the space music world. Mostly synthysizers and Tangerine Dream-style old school space music.

Well, space music, of course, sprang from psychedelic space rock, which was pioneered by Pink Floyd back in the Syd Barret days of the late 60s. When Syd died a couple of years ago, RMI did an awesome Syd tribute album called "
[/COLOR]

Last edited:

tariuq

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I like most of the aforementioned songs but I can't help but feel that classical music is best when using Orbiter. I like Mozart's last five symphonies, especially the last (Jupiter), Beethoven's 3rd, 5th, 6th and 9th, Vivaldi's Il cimento dell'armonia e l'inventione (which includes the Four Season's and La Tempesta di mare), and Bach's Air (which is, of course, the default music of Dan Steph's Orbiter Sound). And, as previously said, who can resist to listening to Strauss's Blue Danube during docking maneuvers, à la Arthur C Clarke.

Excuse me for this lame post, but the Webmaster has been threatening to purge me from the system if I don`t post something.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I'm listening some old things by Jean Michelle Jarre like 'Oxygene', 'Rendezvous', 'Equinoxe' and so on while flying.

guitarist473

The UMMU that can play guitar
Reaction score
lots of metallica for the launch
ACDC in orbit
then come down with a bit of rush
but the best song in my opinion would be M.A.R.S - pump up the volume,
i no it prob doesnt have anything to do with spacebut the music vid does :p

Last edited:

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Circle by John Hopkins

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Creed - Higher.

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In the 3+ years of playing orbiter, I've never installed orbit sound. I always have Itunes playing in the background. My fav's are Dark Side of the Moon, and anything British Drum and Bass.

Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here are the best album to play with Orbiter. I also like Echoes, specially when I'm in the Jovian system.I don't know why but it fits with Jupiter and its moons.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here are the best album to play with Orbiter. I also like Echoes, specially when I'm in the Jovian system.I don't know why but it fits with Jupiter and its moons.

Most Floyd is good Orbiter music, but especially the earlier space rock stuff. Astronomy Domine even mentions several outer Solar System moons by name, and although it mentions the "icy waters underground", it doesn't say anything about Europa, which is what that makes me think of.

Interstellar Overdrive, Saucerful of Secrets, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, all that early stuff is great. There're also a lot of Floyd tracks that never got proper recordings and are only known through the bootleg underground. You can hear some of them on youtube.

One of them is called "Moonhead" and was played live over the BBC during the Apollo 11 landing on the Sea of Tranquility. Too bad there's no way to get this track on a CD. Playing youtube while using Orbiter is not very practical.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

While I'm at it, here's another cool unreleased Pink Floyd space rock tune. Very trippy:

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Okay, one more!

Polaris

Reaction score
The themes for "Quantum Leap" or "Airwolf". If you don't have them, I advise the following:

"The Blue Danube" (If you're a hardcore spaceflight enthusiast)

"Rodger Young" (If you like historical ballads, or when you're trying to retrive your UMMU crew from the Moon)

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" (When you find a derelict Arrow orbiting Pluto)

"Amazing Grace" (For a UMMU funeral)

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Heres an experimental track i made a while ago.. comments welcome:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Oh and heres another one of my recent favorites for those who like end time moods:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratatat"]ratatat [/ame] sounds really spacey... we have it playing all the time where i work... quite a trip
spacecraft.gif

IgnoreThisBarrel

Local Pastafarian Missionary
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Cracow Klezmer Band's songs
Baker Street (Gerry Rafferty)
Also Sprach Zarathustra (Eumir Deodato)
In The Year 2525
National Anthem of Montenegro

And of course, the 2001 soundtrack.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hands by The Almost
Southern Weather by the Almost
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-mSLxih-c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-mSLxih-c[/ame]
Still Waiting by Sum 41

Last edited: