Spacecraft Soyuz MS and Progress Mesh pack

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Soyuz Progress meshes

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lpZftIGd_XWyP5jlu6sCdZwpV4tclGgS/view?usp=sharing

picture.php

Last edited:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Hi, could you put the mesh in the 'Public' folder of the Google drive?
Currently the access is denied.

Or alternatively, if is it not too big, it could be attached here in a zip-file.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
thank you for informing. I opened access to the file

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
Hi, I tried to use the mesh for a simple cfg-file vessel, but unfortunately Orbiter quit during scenario start.

I have attached the config and scenario files here, with a simple dummy Soyuz mesh as a placeholder. You could replace the soyuz.msh then with your own mesh.

Possible reason for Orbiter not loading:
- Mesh too big? It has 108 000 polys, which is a lot.
(The dummy mesh has only 2000.)

- The export from Blender could make troubles. Maybe start with a simple mesh first, then go for more complex meshes.

Attachments

• Soyuz_Progress.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 11

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
thank. i will merge the mesh and remove the materials. I'm starting to figure out how additions are made. for example the solar panel must be retracted for animation. I'll post the corrected version later

---------- Post added 08-07-20 at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-06-20 at 09:34 PM ----------

i fixed files

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
Very nice, a really detailed mesh!

As you removed the materials, and now it works, indicates that the original mesh maybe had multi-materials. Unfortunately Orbiter does not support multi-materials, so it is necessary to assign each individual mesh a single material.

Two words on the mesh orientation:
As per Orbiter default, the mesh should be oriented so its longitudinal axis is the z-axis. Currently it is the x-axis, which makes it flying 'sideways'.

And I suggest to translate the mesh a little in longitudinal axis, so that the origin of the coordinate system is in the center of the model. Currently it is in the center of the orbital module. Orbiter's camera looks on the origin of the mesh, and also the ship rotates around this point when maneuvering.

Have fun with your model becoming an addon! :thumbup:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Very nice, a really detailed mesh!

As you removed the materials, and now it works, indicates that the original mesh maybe had multi-materials. Unfortunately Orbiter does not support multi-materials, so it is necessary to assign each individual mesh a single material.

Not quite. The mesh can have more than one material, but each group, can only have a single material per texture. :tiphat: