Space Shuttle Ultra 1.25 Revision B development

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think the attachments should be limited to the ET and SRBs (stuff we regularly expect to jettison). The RMS is created only if necessary at the moment, and that works fine.

DaveS: I'll take a look at the CRT MFD bug.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I haven't been able to reproduce the CRT bug. What scenario/MDU positions are you using?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

OK, reproduced it in the launch scenario. It wasn't happening on-orbit.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think the attachments should be limited to the ET and SRBs (stuff we regularly expect to jettison). The RMS is created only if necessary at the moment, and that works fine.

DaveS: I'll take a look at the CRT MFD bug.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I haven't been able to reproduce the CRT bug. What scenario/MDU positions are you using?
The Space Shuttle Ultra\Atlantis cockpit.scn and CRTMFD in the CRT1 position. CRTMFD is preactivated and when I cycle it it produces a CTD.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
CRTMFD bug should be fixed now. Problem was a couple of variables in the IDP class which weren't being initialized.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

The bug I fixed only appears in the launch scenarios. I haven't had any problems with CRT MFD in the Atlantis cockpit scn; I can turn the MFD on and off without any problems.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
CRTMFD bug should be fixed now. Problem was a couple of variables in the IDP class which weren't being initialized.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

The bug I fixed only appears in the launch scenarios. I haven't had any problems with CRT MFD in the Atlantis cockpit scn; I can turn the MFD on and off without any problems.
Well, it's fixed now, thanks!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Short Status update: Started working on getting the C&W system included, based on the data in the ODB, tomorrow I'll look back at the IUS.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Short Status update: Started working on getting the C&W system included, based on the data in the ODB, tomorrow I'll look back at the IUS.
So, how's the IUS coming along? Maybe we could use the IUS code for the Centaur G Prime/G? Same thing with the IUS ASE/CISS since they're both tilt-ups?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So, how's the IUS coming along? Maybe we could use the IUS code for the Centaur G Prime/G? Same thing with the IUS ASE/CISS since they're both tilt-ups?

Only slowly, didn't get as far as planned on sunday. Of course, there could be some shared code for both, but the user interface would likely be different.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any new developments? I'm currently waiting for some more CT reference sheets to complete the panels. Then I'll finish the Centaur.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Any new developments? I'm currently waiting for some more CT reference sheets to complete the panels. Then I'll finish the Centaur.

Just working again on the IUS, spend most of the SSU time last work writing an HAL/S wrapper API, that permits using HAL/S datatypes and HAL/S real-time structures in C++ GPCSoftware classes, and also maps the variables implicitly into GPC RAM. For that also make the SimpleGPC model the standard in the Orbiter, reserving the AP-101 class name for an eventual emulation.

Working with the HAL/S programming language might be more fun, but that would also take painful long time to be implemented.

One other thing that is currently in research phase is implementing the Mass Memory Units for loading GPC data and assemble such MMU images from the mission files. Since each MMU is a 16 MB tape, it wouldn't be optimal to distribute them with the missions (125 missions x 16 MB = one DVD), that is one bad point of it. The good thing would be that with the HAL/S wrapper, it would be possible to switch between the GPC models later without problems, even during a mission, and not need to make special scenarios for each model.

The RSLS software should become part of the PASS G1 software suite as soon as possible, I currently work on getting OPS0 done.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any idea when you could have test version of the IUS/ASE ready?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Any idea when you could have test version of the IUS/ASE ready?

No idea, sorry. at least the ASE is currently far beyond the horizon to me.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi! Where I can find launch calculator? I saw it somewhere but I can't find it again...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hi! Where I can find launch calculator? I saw it somewhere but I can't find it again...

should be in the folder "Utils\SSU" as "MECOTool"

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nothing like that, but I found sources of this tool in Orbitersdk :) Another thing:
I don't know if it was already mentioned, but CRT MFD causes CTD when transiting to OPS 104. Few seconds after ET separation.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is the CTD occurring with the latest code or with V1.25? I was hoping we'd fixed all these bugs.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just wanted to check what you guys think. Should we now do the transition over to the new Orbiter version or should we hold off until it is officially released?

Biggest change from my end is making use of the new default KSC, eliminating the dependancy on the Hi-res KSC add-on. Maybe it could a good time to introduce the new VAB?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Just wanted to check what you guys think. Should we now do the transition over to the new Orbiter version or should we hold off until it is officially released?

As long as Orbiter 2010 is not out yet, I would not do anything without conditional compilation.

Biggest change from my end is making use of the new default KSC, eliminating the dependancy on the Hi-res KSC add-on. Maybe it could a good time to introduce the new VAB?

Yes, could be the right time, but maybe have an option to control how many visual features it adds.